Power walking - sport walking this my life (Read 80 times)

Ikereinez

My record 150 step per minute and 10000 step. It can be compared to slow running

Jawihan

I have been doing just walking for the last couple of months due to hip issues (awaiting x-ray) Possible sciatica. I find that running or jogging bothers it more. I find that brisk walking is a good cardio workout for me.

Altair5

Runs in the rain

I wish to use power walking as cross training for my running, but not exactly sure what it is. Looking online it seems to be just fast walking between 3.7 and 5 MPH. This would be a bit faster than my typical 3 MPH walking speed. I'm not sure if there has to be special motions with the hips, my hips do not move much when I walk or run. I did experiment to see if I could get to a 4.4 MPH walking pace,  which would allow me to finish a marathon in under 6 hours, but I can't hold that pace long and it is easier to just jog that fast. .

Long distance runner, what you standin' there for?
        Get up, get out, get out of the door!

Ikereinez

Yes it greatly affects health and general well-being because this secret, move as fast as possible. This tempo me help maintain fast music (150 bpm) and forward movements for music.

Ikereinez

I think this real very fast. This speed could even be maintained in shoes

coastwalker

I racewalk, rather than power walk, and find it to be fast, efficient, and a great workout. "I'm not sure if there has to be special motions with the hips, my hips do not move much when I walk or run."  I do rotate my hips when I racewalk (and they have never hurt, contrary to some people's thoughts) and find that it helps my leg speed/cadence and stride length. I switched from running to racewalking in '04 (after foot surgery), and and still do it exclusively. I racewalk 4-6 miles every day, and it has been a long, long time since I've had a walking-related injury. So, for me, it is a great workout, and enables me to finish respectably, even in local running races.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Timet1977

My record 150 step per minute and 10000 step. It can be compared to slow running vampire survivors

Congratulations on reaching 10,000 steps and achieving a pace of 150 steps per minute! While it may be comparable to slow running, walking is still a great form of exercise with numerous health benefits. Keep up the good work and consider gradually increasing your pace or distance to continue challenging yourself and improving your fitness.

tracyberge

I have been doing just walking for the Donkey Kong last couple of months due to hip issues (awaiting x-ray) Possible sciatica. I find that running or jogging bothers it more. I find that brisk walking is a good cardio workout for me.  

Walking or jogging are both good forms of exercise for heart health. Therefore, it is not necessary to compare too closely which form is better for health. The impact of each exercise is not exactly the same and depends mainly on the fitness and mobility of each person.