America's Finest City Half Marathon: race update! (Read 460 times)

Big grin that's my PR perma grin!!! This was my third HM, I ran this same race last year as my first hm ever. The first mile or 2 SUCKED!!! I ended up waaaaaaaay back away from the start line and had to weave through tons of people at an 8:55 pace. I wasted a ton of time. But it was pretty much down hill till mile 5 or so. Then it went flat and ended with an SOB Angry of a hill at mile 12. Dead I figured, even if I blew my wad early, I'd only suck about 30seconds on the hill so I went for it and surprisingly, made it up the hill at a sub 8:30 pace. So last year my time was 1:54:20 This year, 1:48:31 I ended up 41 in my division(35-39yoF), so that was cool too. Don't see those numbers often. Blush Big grin overall, I'm very pleased. I don't do a lot of hill training but the down hill will hurt me, pretty much all week.
    Jennifer mm#1231

Princess Cancer Pants

Wow, that is awesome! and your time is really great--my goal is to get to that kind of pace! I'm doing my first HM in a couple of months and I am hoping and praying for about a 10:30 mile pace...I'm a turtle! Big grin k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown

Congrats on the PR! That's a great time, and probably could have been even better if not for the start. Knocking 6 minutes off your time is quite an accomplishment. Well done!
        My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48