London International Ballot Entry Website Broken? (Read 61 times)

The international London marathon ballot for 2022 is theoretically open. But I have been unable to get past the initial page. When I click on Next Step nothing happens. Two of my friends have had the same experience. Has anybody else tried to enter? Did you make it past the first page? I wrote to the London marathon help desk and received a response asking for a screen shot and then nothing. They have a pretty tight time limit to enter, so this a rather pressing issue.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

bluerun

Super B****

Same thing happened to me -- I tried double clicking the "next step" button instead of single clicking, and then it went through

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Thanks for the tip. I just gave that a shot and no dice. However much I click it will not go through. The screen is just stock on the Step 1 page.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

CalBears

Wow - I didn't know there was an International Ballot for London marathon - thank you for letting us know!

Just entered, never won any lotteries, but you'll never win until you at least try Smile

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

rmcj001

DW and I got through the process at around 10AM PDT.  You do have 'til the 8th to get it in.

Ray

I just tried again and so did my friends, none of us can get past the first page. This is really maddening. Those of you that did get through what browser were you using? So far Chrome and Brave have failed. I still have yet to get a meaningful reply from their help desk. Friday is coming soon. At this rate at least three of us will be shut out through 100% the fault of the London marathon's organizers.

CalBears

I just tried again and so did my friends, none of us can get past the first page. This is really maddening. Those of you that did get through what browser were you using? So far Chrome and Brave have failed. I still have yet to get a meaningful reply from their help desk. Friday is coming soon. At this rate at least three of us will be shut out through 100% the fault of the London marathon's organizers.

I used Chrome without any problem. If I were you, I would try to find somebody who had a different from you Internet provider company. Like here, If I had a Comcast as my provider and could not get through, I would get to my neighbor and used his laptop with AT&T provider.

Btw, I think you are wrong if you think it's a fault of London marathon organizers - they have nothing to do with the way Internet is working - if nobody could get through, then yes, I would probably agree with you, though. Latest issues with Facebook and WhatsApp prove it very clearly.

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Yeah I remember having trouble updating my Good for Age registration last year as Safari and Chrome didn’t work from my iPad. But was a able to get through using Chrome on my wife’s PC!  Never had a problem in the previous years though.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Here is the solution for anybody that has similar issues. The web page says "Please enter your address or postcode." Entering your zip code will not work (perhaps a UK postal code will, I am not sure). If you then complete the rest of the form clicking on "Next Step" will not do anything. The real problem here is that the web page will not indicate what information it thinks it is missing. You now have to go back up to where you put in the postal code, click on "Enter your details manually here if your address is not found." Since it asked for your address or postcode you probably thought you already did that. But what it actually wants is your full address, street, city, state and zip, not just your zip code. Once you enter your full address then the Next Step button will work.

As a reminder, the ballot closes on Friday at 21:00, UK time I imagine, which means 4pm EDT.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

You always have to fill in your full address. The idea (for UK residents anyway) is that you enter your postcode and it will automatically give the street/County and and then you scroll to the correct number/name of your house. It’s meant to save time Smile

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)