Hynes Tavern 5 Mile Race Sunday 3/9 in Lowell, MA (Read 714 times)

I wasn't going to be able to run this one, but plans changed at the last minute and it looks like I'll be lacing them up for the Hynes Tavern 5 Miler. It's the final run in the 3-4-5 mile progression of the Frozen Shamrock series. The forecast on weather.com is calling for a cool overcast day at the moment, perfect conditions to celebrate losing an hour's sleep. C'mon out to the beautiful Mill City and kick off your St Padraig's celebration season by tipping a pint or two with your fellow running crazies.

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

I'll be there but you will have already finished 20 min before I do. I am slow. I run then walk then run then walk. As my knee allows. Doug.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

I'll be there but you will have already finished 20 min before I do. I am slow. I run then walk then run then walk. As my knee allows. Doug.
        Very cool Doug. I've ordered an RA shirt, but unfortunately won't have it before Sunday. I'm pretty sure I'll be wearing orange and white Loco flats, with lotsa hair that sorta does a Sweeney Todd imitation like this: Be sure to say hi if you see me on Sunday.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

evtish

Ed, You're a racing machine! That race looks like a good one, good post race carb loading. I would have liked to run that series. Have fun. Tom
            I'll be working. Angry
              I'll be working. Angry
              Hey, what's with "next race?" in your siggie? What happened to the New Bedford half?

E.J.

I am no where near ready for another half, as you can tell by my log. I've been doing short runs and I realized I wouldn't have enough time to be ready for the half. I would like to do a longer race in April if you know of any good ones.
                  I'm pretty sure I'll be wearing orange and white Loco flats, with lotsa hair that sorta does a Sweeney Todd imitation
                  OK, this should make it easier to say hello. I just received a confirmation email from the Hynes, with my bib number. Just look for 666. Evil grin I'm having a hard time believing this is a random assignment.

E.J.

Another Passion

OK, this should make it easier to say hello. I just received a confirmation email from the Hynes, with my bib number. Just look for 666. Evil grin I'm having a hard time believing this is a random assignment.
                    Post-race exorcism in order? Hehehe. Big grin I know Ed... just purge the evil spirits with... post-race good spirits! Wink Modified (again) to add: Good luck tomorrow!

Rick
                    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                    runningforcassy.blogspot.com