Injury (Read 84 times)

Luciplay

I have right foot injury, but it has been 2 months since I got it. I feel a little pain but I wanted to go back running to keep me active. How many miles can I have as an initial start again? Thanks for your help!

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Short answer: It depends.

What was the injury and have you corrected whatever caused it? If not, it might just come back and set you back again. Have you been resting it 100% or are you doing other things?

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

SMART Approach

Hopefully, you addressed the cause so you don't have recurrence. First day warm up really good with a mile walk and then run a mile easy and walk it out and call it the day. You need a pain free win to start this out. Build slowly from there to start with day off between early on. Nothing wrong with mixing in walk breaks those first 2 weeks while slowly building back up. Give youraself at least a month of slow build up. You want no set backs.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Luciplay

Yes, I agree. I am planning to warm up daily with a mile walk in the morning.

Luciplay

Try to do some walking for 1-2 miles,  just make sure to warm up and cool down after.

Luciplay

That is awful! I am sorry to hear that happened to you. Try to walk for 1-2 miles for now or maybe halt from running in the meantime until you recover from Injury.