Rocken's Viaduct 100 mile Ultra report (early apologies for it being long and probably not written that well) (Read 1238 times)

Treadmill Addict

Truly Amazing. Congrats.

Sarah (37)

Mom to Abby (10) Jacob, (8) and Colton (5)

18 half marathons, 6 full marathons

Goals- run more, lose 20lbs.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Pam - what an amazing performance.  Very well done indeed.

Badwater 2010?

wanderingoutlaw

Totally awesome race and race report.  Thanks for sharing it.

John

Utterly amazing - well done!
            Thanks everyone for the kind words!  It was an amazing experience!  I never in a million years ever thought I'd even think of doing something like this let alone accomplish it. Just shows that if you believe in yourself you can accomplish anything you set out to do!

Oh and this freaken cold is KICKING MY A$$  

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Kimmie

All i can say is, WOW!!!

Thanks so much for writing this report.  I am truly inspired.

Now, go get yourself better!!  Smile

Totally inspiring! I really admire you.

A

Recalculating...

Great Job!

Although its good reports like this, that are going to make me want to try this someday .... Then at mile 80, I will be like "damn you Rocken ... this is not nearly as fun as you made it seem".

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

jfa

WTG Pam! That's an incredible run you pulled off. Very impressive!

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

Although its good reports like this, that are going to make me want to try this someday .... Then at mile 80, I will be like "damn you Rocken ... this is not nearly as fun as you made it seem".

You make it all the way to mile 80 in your imagination?  Mine stops at 26.2 and that's about 10 miles too far.

MTA - congrats Rocken

who knows...

Awesome job, Pam! Very well done!
                        "There is no I in εγω." --Unknown author, source of possible, but in no way certain, Greek origin

Although its good reports like this, that are going to make me want to try this someday .... Then at mile 80 26.3 I will be like "damn you Rocken ... this is not nearly as fun as you made it seem".

Fixed.

Awesome job, Pam!! When the alarm went off this morning, and all I wanted to do was hit OFF, I thought "Hell, Pam ran 100 freakin' miles...and I'm going to bail on 4??" Then I got up. Thanks for the motivation.

Congratulations. Thank you for inspiring me.

Ewa

I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
                            DoppleBock

Nice race report - Congrats on the 100!  In a nice racing singlet too Smile

Sorry, I am late, I just joined the group

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !