Attempted Abduction of Runner (Read 155 times)

pedaling fool

This was a very scary thing for this runner, but it turned out really well with the apprehension of a suspect. There is video of the attempted abduction on the below link.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/massachusetts-jogger-details-she-escaped-terrifying-abduction-attempt-101603806--abc-news-topstories.html

Holy crap!   So happy things turned out the way they did.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

When I was living in Eugene, a guy jumped off his bike and tackled Mary Decker-Tabb-Slaney while she was running over by Autzen Stadium. She was able to get away from him. A bunch of us got recruited to run with her after that, she didn't like it because she liked to run alone. I think that was a one-off thing, the guy was nuts.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Kalsarikännit

Adding insult to injury, the news keeps calling her a jogger.

Rude.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Speaking of jogging and Eugene - a couple months ago at the Eugene Marathon, a spectator was holding what is now my favorite sign: "Run like someone called you a jogger". (Sadly, if someone called me a jogger at that race, I'd have no argument.)

Dave

You guys are my new totem animals (WG, Dave)

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying