Another lightweight neutral trainer thread (Read 973 times)

Adidas Boston

Saucony Cortona

Asics Speedstar

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

bhearn

(redundant post deleted)

bhearn

Huh... I wasn't aware of the Cortana. But how is it substantially different from the Ride? It's listed as 10.7 oz (I guess in size 9) vs. 10.9 for the Ride 4.

I've been using the Saucony Fastwitch 4 (technically a flat) for the past couple of years. For me, it's the perfect shoe. Alas, it is no more, and the Fastwitch 5 is totally diffferent, now based on the Kinvara platform. And of course the Kinvara belongs in this conversation. Didn't work for me, which is why I switched to the Fastwitch 4. But now I'm on my last pair...

Brooks' Green Silence is perhaps a similar shoe. I may try that. Or I may give the Kinvara another try; I haven't tried the Kinvara 2. I've also been doing shorter runs in the Saucony Hattori, but that belongs in a different conversation (minimalist), I guess.

MTA: Oops, I somehow didn't notice this was page 2. Sorry.

Why is it sideways?

Hmmm. If you have PF and a high arch, then you should look for something with good arch support. Just fyi the NB 890 is not so good in this category unless you put an arch support like the green superfeet in them.

I no longer have PF and have low arches. But I have a purely neutral stride so I may try the NB 890s as well as some others mentioned here. Even though i don't like the New balance CEO's politics ;0). Thanks.

Hmmm. If you have PF and a high arch, then you should look for something with good arch support. Just fyi the NB 890 is not so good in this category unless you put an arch support like the green superfeet in them.