49er Freedom Firecracker 5k (Read 537 times)

What would my life be like without drama? Boring. Evil grin Today's race was case in point why you a) look at the course map on the website or provided in your race bag, b) warmup on it / walk it and c) follow the big white arrows on the ground. Luckily for me I did the above. Had I not, the result might have been different. About 5 guys who were in front of me failed to do some combination of a-c and well, they went elsewhere. I told the guy I was beside and yelled at the two who were about 150ft in front of me to turn but yeah, they didn't listen. The two that were in front of them, I doubt I would have caught. Good run, good run. Hillier than I expected and the first mile was pretty much all up hill (garmin gave it +600 ft). My splits: 6:40, 6:28, 6:02, 0:23 Total: 19:33 Woot! Hit my main concern which was going finally going under 20 minutes. Hooray for negative splits! Next time me thinks I should even it out some. Big grin Placement: 2nd overall out of about 50-60ish. Again, there was some controversy but hey I got a fun water bottle,a pair of shorts, and a phone number Cool. I did what I went to do (sub 20) so all the other crap doesn't matter.
      WOW GREAT RACE!!! Congrats on the AP!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Good race--nice time AND splits! Big grin
        Again, there was some controversy but hey I got a fun water bottle,a pair of shorts, and a phone number Cool.
        We want more details on the digits! Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wow --- great race? AND getting a phone number? Woot!
          2009: BQ?