i'm so proud of myself (Read 1050 times)

I ran outside today, and for the first time ever, I got so hot I had to take off a layer (about 32 degrees today, cloudy but not snowing). I am sooo officially a runner now. Smile
      That's awesome! Running outside is so different from the treadmill - much more rewarding. Congrats! Smile

Michelle

You'll ruin your knees!

Awesome! Woot! WTG! Here's to many more layers coming off days of running outside! And so it begins!

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

madness baby

Awesome! Woot! WTG! Here's to many more layers coming off days of running outside! And so it begins!
          *smacks Lynn upside da head* Must've been a great run Cidersock! You soooo are official now! Smile
          deb
            thanks guys, very nice of you to be so encouraging to a newcomer. I've been lurking for a couple days, just kind of trying to find a place to jump in, and I can see there are a lot of new people coming in lately because of the whole CR drama. I didn't post there much because I'm just as shy on the internet as in real life, but I as I'm fairly new to running (doing week 3 of the OHR next week), I find these kinds of forums really useful for advice/motivation, etc.
              I ran outside today, and for the first time ever, I got so hot I had to take off a layer (about 32 degrees today, cloudy but not snowing). I am sooo officially a runner now. Smile
              hey that's great! there's a whole world out there once you step off the 'mill
              MM# 1477
              Teresadfp

One day at a time

That's great! I think you'll discover it gets easier to run in the cold the more often you do it. Now I prefer below freezing temps to 70 degrees! It was 5 degrees when I ran this morning, and I took my mittens off towards the end.
                  Way to go! Pretty soon you'll be forming a nekkid runners group....

E.J.
                  Greater Lowell Road Runners
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I don't think I'm quite fast enough for that yet. Blush
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Way to go! Pretty soon you'll be forming a nekkid runners group....
                      Scout would LOVE that! Wink WTG, Cidersock...that's definitely something a real runner does. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Congrats, Cidersock! One of the things I love most about running is that it creates so many opportunities for firsts!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Another Passion

Way to go Cidersock! Here's to more sweating in freezing weather... Cheers! Wink

Rick
                          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Congrats on the run and great to see you on the boards Smile
                            2009: BQ?
                              congratulations cidersock! and welcome to RA.