Glad I found Chopper with new and improved HTFU (Read 514 times)

I was supposed to run on Tuesday, but it was raining all day in the Boston area. I got home from work and checked weather.com and it said rain all night. The call of the pulled pork, cole slaw and Sun Chips was drowning out the call of the road and I wound up woofing down a tasty meal. chasing it with a diet Coke and settling in on the couch. I'd given in to temptation and felt weak. In my weakened state, it was only a matter of time until guilt launched an all-out counterattack. OMG, what have I done? "It's OK" I told myself. "No it's NOT OK" I told myself. Umm, running with cole slaw and BBQ sloshing around isn't really highly recommended. If I don't run, what's the worst thing that could happen........? (At this point, your monitor should start getting fuzzy and you should hear the harp music that indicates a dream sequence. If not, you might want to call the toll-free number for your PC maker's tech support) A knock on the door! I wonder who that could be? Oh crap, it's Chopper and his camera crew. G'day, I'm Choppah and this is Ed. Ed doesn't want to run, because it's raining and he's already eaten his dinnah! Well keep your fork mate, Chef Choppah is serving dessert. How about a nice big slice of Harden The F*** Up? (more harp music, and your monitor should come back into focus now) So the chances of Chopper showing up at my door are......nil. Ain't gonna happen. But the thought made me laugh, and I put on my gear and headed out into the rain. Just goes to show anything's fair game when it comes to getting out the door. In the immortal words of Mr. Mom, 220...221, whatever it takes. Thanks Choppah! (of COURSE it stopped raining after I got home. Doh!)

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

You'll ruin your knees!

Great stuff, Ed! That made me laugh... running with fresh-chewed bbq...yuk! God job on the self administered HTFU! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Dang I need to get out and run before I start having whack delusions. Cool

Vim