My last run was.... (Read 1253 times)

A Saucy Wench

The Y is on the way home from work, so I stopped there to do a six mile run on the track.  It's a short track so that's 192 laps.  This is the closest I come to being a whirling dervish.

I had second thoughts about running indoors because it was warmer (i.e 40F) and dry,

If it's going to be like this tomorrow, and if the rain holds off....

Given the choice between running in a cold windy downpour splashing through melting slush up to my knees or  192 laps on an indoor track......

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

A Saucy Wench

oh...yeah my run...  I've been shuffling along sloow sloow 1 mile runs with this cough and realized that running slow enough not to cough was hurting my calves.  So I did 2 min run/walk intervals for 2 miles today.  Hooooo buddy.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

The Y is on the way home from work, so I stopped there to do a six mile run on the track.  It's a short track so that's 192 laps.  

32 laps to a mile, or roughly 60 yards/lap?  I hope that one of your leg is not longer than the other by now.

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Horrendous.....

Yesterday morning at the park with 28mph winds.

Don't believe everything you think. 

Wandering Wally

Total fail.  Had to bail after 1 mile because there was some tightness in my leg that would not loosen up.  It seemed to be hamstring related and I think it was due to poor ergonomics at work yesterday.  I made some adjustments today and we'll see how it goes.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

dotatl

Fantastic!  4.2 miles in 42F with about 10mph winds.  I was rockin' the warm tights, gloves and my pink sock hat.  I've been coming back from a calf injury and I finally managed to go slowly enough that it felt easy.  Isn't running wonderful?!?

LeighDS

Live Free & Run

Well I thought I would venture over here and check this place. I'm liking it a lot!!! Glad to see some of the fellow active.com users over here! I was out a bit the last two weeks. Went on vacation in Disney! I missed the marathon weekend! But by the time we decided to book this very short-notice vacation all races had been booked. Oh well. But I ran a little bit in our villa's community complex and it was a nice change of temp than what New England had given me!

NRDgirl - Awesome job! I love the medals! And thanks to you I now have another item on my running bucket list I need to do!

Finally got a 3.25 in 30:33 today after what seemed like forever without running (a week +). Annoyed me it was 55 yesterday morning and this morning we're back at 20!

PRs

1-Mile - 6:18 on 4-4-2015

5K - 21:48 on 10-31-2015

10K - 47:57 on 10-24-2015

HM - 1:52:36 on 3-25-2017

FULL - 4:41:12 on 1-11-2015

Upcoming Races

Tanger Outlet 5K

Disney World 19.3 Challenge

Race the Runways 10K

Wandering Wally

Great!  I used my rolling stick on the hamstring, my calf and my achilles in my left leg and it was 100% better after that.  Ran 5.1 miles last night for my very first run using heart rate training.  My goal was to stay within my aerobic zone and not go out of it.  Wow!  That was hard.  Especially at first.  After a couple of miles I did find an effort level that let me stay in my aerobic zone.  There was a lot of walking involved to keep my heart rate down though.  Hopefully as I improve my aerobic fitness the amount of walking required will go down.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Brisk but easy and pleasant this morning, since I was adequately dressed.  Negative Zero degrees, according to National Weather Service Smile :

I started my run at 5:54 am, and just wanted to note that -0.  My home thermometer said it was 5F, so that's what my log says.

Wore Nike tights, tech shirt under LS tee under sweatshirt, under jacket.  Balaclava and ski mittens.  I was sweating, actually.

And, more miles than degrees.

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

Not as cold as I expected. 11, "real feel" -5, 15 mph wind. Sunny.

In transit, arriving on time. 

Hey Melody!

Please tell me if I can finally qualify for the More Miles Than Degrees Club. Ran 12.24 miles; starting temp was 15 (feels like -2), but temp at the end was 11 (feels like -5). Can I use the ending temp and get 1 point?

Dave

DaveP MI Ohhhhh...yeahhhh! Big grin High fives for the "More Miles Than Degrees" point!

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run) 

the kenyan

5 miles of running in circles at the rec center, made more impressive by having forgotten my headphones.   That's worth at least 10, right?

jmsab23

Well, some new posters here. Welcome all.         Yay, I have good news. New computer (Windows 8) is finally, after one week and way too many phone calls all over the country, and visits to Staples, working. I had to change my router adapter because my old one didn't work with Win8.  Downloading, uploading, uninstalling, installing, kicking, deleting, slamming, for a week was finally worth it.          Also, new elliptical/bike combination now set up downstairs (Cheap version that was on sale). Wife likes it and it will help her finish her hip recovery, which is coming along fine. So, after taking three days off for a variety of reasons, back at it tonight. Did 10 min. on the elliptical to test it out, did a full set of core/strength XRs, and then a 4-mile push run in 28:08.

Very late, and I have to be at Rec Club spring signups tomorrow a.m. for the C25K registrations, so I will just say to all..... Keep it up!!! Great job to the cold-weather runners.

Everyone have nice days.

"No man can ever know all he needs until he first knows himself."---- James Steele

PRs:

5K - 20:39.   4-mile - 28:15.    5-mile - 35:36.     10k - 44:51.   HM - 1:38:23.  FM: 3:36:25

Mostly harmless

I'm not sure if my run qualifies for the more miles than degrees club or not.  I ran 18 miles.  Starting temp was 14, but ending temp was 26. What say ye?

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi