My last run was.... (Read 1253 times)

dennrunner

dennrunner Oh, well...I just copied that over from our old thread on Active. It is nice to "put it out there" though, don't you think?

I'm not sure you "got" my comment.  Take a look at your signature.

Chris T

My schedule called for 4 easy miles. After a rough first 2 miles, I ended up extending it to 6 easy in warm (77 degrees) and breezy conditions.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Wet.

steph  

A Saucy Wench

My second hill run since starting back running again  (and dont anybody say Monkey...I walked every. single. one. of those hills).  The place I run hills makes Monkeyville seem flattish. Last week I had to walk portions of it, but today I got through it all.  Albeit at one point so slowly I might as well have walked.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

A Saucy Wench

Hey.  Everyone needs longterm goals. Melody is just a bit more optimistic than most of us, but i am good with that.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

an amazing likeness

3013...not sure what Zager & Evans told us to expect then, but I'll bet it involved taking a pill.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Oh...Geez! Well, see what happens to a 53 year old girl's brain. Wink

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run) 

Mostly harmless

My last run was today at lunch. I wimped out of running in the rain and ran 5 miles on the treadmill with 4X800M at 5K pace.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Hi Melody!

My last run was . . . yesterday.  3 inches of snow on the ground this morning – now it’s slushy and wet.  Hoping to hit the TM tomorrow as long as it’s not too icy to get to the Y in the morning.

CT JEFF

I RAN. Therefore, I AM. Hi all, got 8.55m on the TM today. 9.58/mi. Got some aggressions out on the TM. Had fun, but didnt get to 14miles. LOL, I thought I could. Even though I havent done more than 6 miles in 4 weeks. Im still afraid to slip and fall, and its cold out there. LOL Mel, you are an inspiration. This site seem so much more active, than the Active website - And isnt it Ironic, dont you think?

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

Ooooh email notifications work on this site!  This could be an improvement.

Cool Jump Suit

My last run was scary.  I ran with my dog, but she got loose from her collar/leash and ran away.  Only had her for a few months now (rescue dog) and she doesn't readily come when called.  No way I was catching her, but thankfully she found her way back home......well before I got there.  I thought she was gonna run off for sure.

Note:  She wanted a treat first thing after walking in the door.  Of course I gave it to her.  Sucker am I.

So bittersweet,
                          This tragedy
                          Won't ask for absolution;
                          This melody,
                          Inside of me,
                          Still searches for solution.
                          A twist of faith,
                          A change of heart
                          Cures my infatuation.
                          A broken heart, 
                          Provides the spark
                          For my determination.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Crap.  Running hungover and nauseous SUX!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

ImNotScott Great way to "get 'er done!"

Jeff CT and DebM2011 SO good to see you over here! Yay.

hacker2000 That IS scary! Glad your dog came home OK.

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run) 

5 miles of probably more fun with friends than a run should be. And super slow.