My last run was.... (Read 1253 times)

doctorjen

Blech. should have been 17 miles. Ran the first 7.8 with a friend and dropped her at her car and set off for a second loop. It had been 50F and spitting/misting a bit. On the second loop, it started to rain, and then to pour, and the wind picked up and the temp dropped.  I was soaking wet, shivering, and miserable with my shoes full of water and feeling so heavy. I passed my car at 16.43 miles and decided that was more than enough.  Of course it quit raining while I was driving home.

Right on Hereford...

My first hill repeats and they were excellent! I did 4 x 20 on a 12% grade over 3.6 mile course.

Why am I having such a hard time figuring out what this means? It either sounds super easy or insanely hard.

4 x 20 seconds?

4 seconds x 20?

4 x 20 meters?

OR

4 x 20 km?

4 minutes x 20?

4 x 20 minutes?

What am I missing?

Revenge of the Nerd

Planetölogy Cutting the grass!!?! Wow, ours is still under 5" of snow.

I just finished a fan-frigin-tastic 10 mile LSD! Gorgeous clear blue skies, sun glinting off the snow, temps hovering around 45. Mmm...tis good to be alive this morning in the beautiful Berkshire Mountains!

I usually try to hold out until April with the mowing but spring is early in the PNW this year.  Great job on the 10-miler!

I did four progressively -paced miles on the TM this AM and took DD snow-tubing this afternoon.  I walked the hills rather than use the tow rope so I logged it as cross-training.

One of these days is none of these days.

~ H.G. Bohn

Dakota RR Sorry re: "4 x 20 seconds?" Yes, 4- 20 second sprints up a 12% grade over 3.6 miles

Planetölogy Nice TM work and great time spent with DD! Big grin

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run) 

Mr MattM

Again, I ran 2x yesterday.  I am kickin' it.

be curious; not judgmental

Mr MattM

5 at lunch + sauna at the gym... more tonight...

jerseyrunner

Half Fanatic 12680

Awesome -- I saw a fox! The critter ran across the street right in front of me about 30 yards away. Suburban tree-lined streets are nice but don't usually afford wildlife viewing so this was a treat.

Mr MattM

First day in the 60s in quite a long while... did 5 over lunch.  It was nice.

Tomorrow morning I head south with the boys for a weekend of camping and trout fishing.

Have fun with the boys, Matt!

Revenge of the Nerd

7.6 miles down to the lake and back with much of it in the rain.  Followed up with a 10-minute medicine ball routine.  Time for lunch.

One of these days is none of these days.

~ H.G. Bohn

doctorjen

Took MrMattM's advice and ran an easy 5 miler today, in sunny Arizona where we are visiting my mom. Needed the easy run after yesterday's PR half marathon!  Anticipating a poor mileage week on vacation this week.  5 weeks to go to my marathon.

Mr MattM

Had a great time down @ the Roaring River in Cassville, MO.  Camping, hiking, and fishing... and warm weather.  That's over with, though... today I ran a nice, relaxing 5 miler through large, wet snowflurries... Big grin

Matt So glad you had fun camping! And, yup, I hear ya...re: "relaxing 5 miler through large, wet snow-flurries." We got those too. About 5" worth.Big grin I did pound out 3 miles in the sloppy-slippy-slushy-icy mess this morning.

Mr MattM

Spring is here, Melody.  More temperate weather will follow...

Spring is here, Melody.  More temperate weather will follow...

Where???? Big grin It was 18 degrees out on the Berkshire Hills this morning. Still...a great hill repeats run with 2 x 60 second sprints on 8% uphill grade and 2 x 60 second sprints on a 5% uphill grade for a total of 3.6 miles....