My last run was.... (Read 1253 times)

Ran a 8,5km hill run today (That would be 5,2 miles), pretty snowy on parts of the run. It's more of a hill run than a hilly run with 2,5k flat, 1,6k straight upward, elevation gain around 80-90meters (270-300 feet), then 4k home. (flat the last 3k)

Finished in 46:20, not all that bad considering that I had eaten close to nothing since my 10k run yesterday which is a recurring problem for me, and something that I definitely felt during the latter half.

Baking some chicken now to fix that!

pr100: you can download the series you like and put them straight on the nexus without any usb device or any other add-ons. Easier than bringing all sorts of gadgets to the gym : )

Hi jmsab Jeff and az - for now I'm going to be here and on active while we get the feel for this site and see if we like it!  Icy sidewalks this morning so I headed over to the Y.  Overslept, had to scrape my windshield, and got to the Y 1/2 hour later than usual.  eeek!  Only time for 2 miles on the TM  Tomorrow I vow to get up on time.

6.4 miles of mostly easy, with a few strides thrown in - random run (entirely) around the (quite) small town I live in, with a few loops around one of the parks. Second run of the day (first was just a 2.1 mile moderate run). Was fairly cold out there (nothing like what some of you have though - around 33F), but I warmed up after about 2 miles... Smile

Finally got ahead of that damned pace bunny today (1500 mile goal for 2013) - starting to wonder if I should bump it up to 2000 miles for the year, as I'm planning on increasing mileage through the year...

Also, as of today, I have more miles so far in January than in any previous entire month of my running life (which began slightly less than one year ago - Jan 24th, 2012) - so far I'm at 71.3, previous monthly high was 65.9. Yay! Big grin

2014 goals:

1. Run a minimum of 1.5 miles every single day of the year

2. Run 1500 miles in 2014

3. Get my weekly mileage above 40

4. Brown belt in Shaolin Kempo

5. First Half (Oregon Wine Country HM?)

6. PRs: Sub-21 5k, Sub-45 10k, Sub-45 Spartan Sprint, Sub 1:55 HM (Oregon Wine Country HM)

This morning I ran a decent 7.5 miles on very snowy roads. What a winter wonderland it was! That gives me 18.5 miles so far for the week. 20 is my goal, so I'm almost there! Also, my Active.com buddies... I started a group here: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/MLRW/ if you're interested.

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run) 

Fanilow

Short.

Slow.

A bit chilly.

2014 goals

Well, there's always next year.

GabrielleB

3 miles to the gym, weights and abs, 3 miles back. Lovely weather.

I think some creep was stalking me. I saw the same truck 4 times. He honked once, cut me off at an intersection, then drove by again twice. (I know it was the same truck because it had a logo on the side). ew!!!!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Yesterday I ran.... Are you ready for this?.....1 mile. Temperature and weather were irrelevant. I have not run in 52 days and the doc gave me the ok. It may have been the best mile I ever ran - if not the most grateful !

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

jmsab23

7.75 treadmiles. Ran for one hour, moderate pace up to a good pace. Roads are too snowy, albeit that doesn't seem to bother those Berkshireites down in Mass.

ausmusj1...... just my opinion, but your goal of one mile every day may set you up for disappointment if you skip one day. The year is long. Some days your body just says are good rest days. But that's just my experience and my opinion. Godspeed in your endeavors.

"No man can ever know all he needs until he first knows himself."---- James Steele

PRs:

5K - 20:39.   4-mile - 28:15.    5-mile - 35:36.     10k - 44:51.   HM - 1:38:23.  FM: 3:36:25

NHLA

Yesterday I ran.... Are you ready for this?.....1 mile. Temperature and weather were irrelevant. I have not run in 52 days and the doc gave me the ok. It may have been the best mile I ever ran - if not the most grateful !

Very cool.

justrundan

Greetings Melody, NHLA, Deb, and all.  Second try at posting, my chronic problems with all things techy is rearing it's head.  Let's see how this site goes, good to see you all here.  Run strong.

Dan

NHLA

7.6 miles 1 hr, Cold!

MrNamtor

2 months ago.

Haha, jk. It was this morning12 fun but cold miles through the streets of Chicago.

MrNamtor

Beautiful!! Really beautiful!

CT JEFF

didnt get a run in today. Just had enough time to pull 1 mile on the TM. But I didnt. Have some rash from running on Wed. I'll be running tomorrow.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

Jeff CT Hope that rash heals up! By the way, I started a group here It seems really easy to keep up with our Active.com buddies there. Come on over, Smile

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run)