My last run was.... (Read 1253 times)

TJN Don't whip out! Do it. Wink Re: " first shot at joining the more miles than degrees club if I don't wimp"

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run) 

RabbitChaser

I'm not able to run yet, but this morning I walked 14.25 miles at a 13:45 average pace. It was 46F out so it would have been a beautiful morning for a run.

RabbitChaser That's a speedy walk!! I think you will catch that rabbit. Wink

RabbitChaser

Thanks, Melody! My hope is that all this walking will make my comeback to running go a little smoother.

NHLA

8.4 miles 1 hr 33 min. Davis Mt 1600' climb.

GabrielleB

12.4 at the beach early this morning. Watched the sun rise across the Pacific Ocean (can only be done when the beach faces south).

Lovely way to start the day.

Fanilow

So_Im_a_Runner  Me too! This is my first winter of running through the cold. I didn't know what I was missing. Big grin 84 miles for the week?? You are amazing.

Melody-Lea-Lamb Yes! 30 to 50 is my favorite. For now, I was awfully sweaty today...maybe 20's my future fave.

2014 goals

Well, there's always next year.

MarinaD Big grin Re: 20s as your new ideal temps. Love your handle, BTW. (turtle butt) LOL

Fanilow

Melody-Lea-Lamb  Cool Thanks and thanks for starting this thread. I heart it.

2014 goals

Well, there's always next year.

robinde

7 miles today in 34degF, snowing and 26mph winds.  It was a tough run.  Looking forward to more of the same tomorrow.

degregorius

I'm going to say it was almost nine miles.  I charted the route here, and it said 8.84 miles.  MapMyRun says 9.1.  I like MapMyRuns optomisim. Smile

degregorius

One more thing: it was 45 degrees in Chicago on January 19,2013, and PEOPLE WERE PLAYING GOLF!!!

Not that I'm a golfer, but I have relatives in Texas,and I like to brag when we have warm weather like this.

Tomorrow, back to the 20s.

#carpenineirons?

Melody-Lea-Lamb  Cool Thanks and thanks for starting this thread. I heart it.

Big grin **High Fives**

CT JEFF

Good run Friday. 001110010010111000110001. Sorry. 9.1 miles. Keep working on the LSD part of my plan. So far in Jan, I am 1.2 miles shy of what I did in Jan -May 2012 combined. Running outside and entering races has really changed my view on running from something I do to lose weight, to something I do to continually improve.

Melody - I like the name of the Miles Vs. Degrees club, but are the degrees in C? That might be easier. And what about Kilometers Vs. Celcius? oh well. I was beating myself up some for not running outside, but as previously mentioned, Im still working into this. I have already broken several of my 2012 standards. Maybe in 2014 I'll try to fight the cold more. Who knows. For now, I dont hate the TM.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

Hi Jeff! Don't beat yourself up...you have come SUCH a long ways. Honestly, if I had a TM, I would use it. But I neither have one or easy access to one, so I head out into the cold and just find ways to celebrate the challenge. By the way, LOVE the avatar! Yay. That's OUR race. Wink Are you still doing the full? Or undecided?