Heel pain - PF? (Read 1080 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Red Bird: Probably kinesio tape, or athletic tape.

BTW, the pain may also come from worn-out shoes. I had that kind of pain once on the side of the ball of my foot, and it immediately disappeared as soon as I got new shoes (half a size up because my toes were also touching in the front).

Recently, I had heel pain, and I realized my shoes might be worn out (no visible damage). I am a midfoot striker, not a heel striker, but I don't think that makes any difference. Changed into my new shoes (different type), and the pain went away within two days.

Perhaps something to consider.

Run for fun.

Slice

I think I'm going to try a Strassburg Sock and the tape. It's not getting any better and I'm not running. I roll it over a bottle in the mornings and a frozen bottle at night. I'm taking ibuprofen, resting, wearing orthotics, blah blah blah. Both my dang knees hurt and my foot hurts. I feel like I'm 95 years old instead of 32. And I'm pissed about it.

I blame Trent. Stupid Monkey race. (That I really want to do again next year even though I promised DH I wouldn't.)

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

oriwoi

asdfsdaaas

go for a run or something...