Because I'm a mileage ho... (Read 855 times)

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

You're trying to catch me, aren't you...? Wink k
    Truthfully, my mom and I were having a race this month about who could log the most miles, and she has 110.6 right now and I have 104.something. The winner is going to buy the loser a new pair of shoes. The best part is that she lives in Hong Kong and her month is over! Plus, she flew on a plane on her 30th, which gave me essentially two extra days. She walks and I run,and it has been fun trying to catch her, which I am going to TODAY! Smile Ha ha ha I didn't realize that you have about the same miles as her. So I suppose I am right behind you too! Also, I have been on a mission to catch that bunny and may do it in the next few weeks or so. Happy running, Jilly modified to add: I did dump my training plans right out the window when my mom started logging more miles than me. I have two HM in May/June that I was working toward but the first goal was to pass my mom. Priorities, right?
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Go get that bunny! And beat your mama (that sounds so bad, doesn't it?)! Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Thanks! I am feeling a tad guilty and may figure out a run to put me exactly in a tie with her, but my competitive edge may win out and I will run an extra mile for fun!
        "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
          Tune in later for the results - "disciprine?" Or retarded?
          waiting... hey, you might appreciatewww.engrish.com Tongue

Jennifer mm#1231

mikeymike

Vegas has "retarded" as the clear 3 - 1 favorite.
            Glad I took the over. FWIW, I probably would have done the same thing. I mean what's 4 measly miles? It's worth it for your confidence and sense of accomplishment if nothing else. Sometimes being mileage ho isn't such a bad thing.

Runners run

Anyone have pizza?

Yep. I guess I'm guilty too. My calves were killing me, I set a personal best mileage for March, and I'm even freakin' travelling for my job today.....and I still felt compelled to go and run another 5k on a hotel treadmill! Rest tomorrow and Monday, or it's coy-tans for me (Brooklyneese) - Tongue