What shoe would you choose for running a 1/2 (Read 85 times)

I can't make up my mind so I am asking the RunningAhead Experts!! Thanks!

Choices below:

Adidas Supernova Glide Boost 7 - 18 Miles
    Hoka One Infinite - 57 Miles
    Hoka One Clifton (1st version) - 299 Miles
    Hoka One Huaka - 273 Miles
    Skechers Gorun Ride 4 - 86 Miles
    Brooks Adrenaline GTS 15 - 144 Miles
    Brooks Pureflow 3 - 111 Miles
    Brooks Pureflow 2 - 235 Miles

FSBD

Pure Flow 3

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

Which of those shoes did you use for a long run of at least 10 miles in the last 60 days without foot problems?

mikeymike

None of the above.

Runners run

Good question . Just the Hoka's and the Adidas for long runs in past 60 days. I have ran distance in all the Brooks shoes before. Kind of went with Hokas to minimize impact to knees. I don't run many 1/2's in a year so I could put up with any shoe.

Which of those shoes did you use for a long run of at least 10 miles in the last 60 days without foot problems?

npaden

I train quite a bit in the Skechers GoRun Ride, but I generally race in the GoRun, I feel like I get more "feel" with them.

Especially in a half I would wear my more minimal type shoes.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Those are all fairly heavy shoes.  Do you plan to really race it?  I'd probably choose something a little lighter for race day.  If you are not really concerned with speed or performance, go with what's most comfortable for you.  If you can't decide, pick the lightest pair.

My 2 cents on best racing shoe for a half... Nike Zoom Streak 6 (assuming the last fits your foot well, which it does for me).

Good tips. I am just shooting for under 2 hrs or perhaps a PR (1:57:12)  I switched 1 year ago from Pureflow to Clifton. They are not that much different in weight.  Adidas Supernova is a heavier shoe but they don't feel that much heavier -- I do like the smooth ride. I may be interested in checking the Skechers Gorun version sometime. I am OK with 8-10 oz per shoe for a 13.1 race. I would like to run a sub 9 min pace.

steadyfoot

I'm not an expert but I would go for the Hoka One One Clifton 2 (not 1 or 3).

I'm not an expert but I would go for the Hoka One One Clifton 2 (not 1 or 3).

Beings the race is around the Corner and don't have time to break in a new shoe I think I will go with ...................................................... the Hoka Clifton 1!!! It is light (under 8oz I think) and it is cushioned. This will come in handy for going all out on the hilly course and not worry about knees hurting due to cushioning. Also I ran a PR 1 year ago in the Hoka Clifton 1.  There is a slight wear in the left shoe heel left side but since the shoe heel curves up and I am a mid-foot striker I won't sweat it. I heard that Clifton 2 is tight in the toe space and I need more room there. I may look into Clifton 3 when the prices drop later this year.

Thanks to Everyone I think I made my decision. And please keep this tips coming!