Automated Cool Running log import (Read 4470 times)

eric :)

Hi folks, I spruced up my importer tool to make it a little bit more user friendly and made it publicly accessible. You now can import the log yourself instead of waiting for me to do it for you. The importer is located under the tools tab of your training log. Make sure you only upload the data file from Cool Running and not the Excel file. Since it's automated, you will have to do some post import clean up. More specifically, you may have to rename your shoes because the shoes data is more complex than other logging sites because I'm planning ahead. Other sites may do a better job at importing, but RA is the only place where you can do more analysis with your data. For people that have submitted their logs to me, I will continue to import them. If you don't want to wait, you are more than welcome to do it yourself. No need to notify me that you've imported your own log because when I see data in your log, I will know you've done it. If you have any questions, just drop me a note. eric Smile
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Wow, well done. Make sure to change the home page to include this info, oh great and tired one. Wink
        It worked!! You are a Computer God!!! Thank you!!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

dork.major dork.

WOWOW! I'm in total awe. that worked so well. Still working out a few kinks with shoe tracking, but considering the last week that is the LEAST of my worries. Thank you so much!

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

I am most impressed with your site! As a Cool Running "refugee" my import went fine... Thanks! David Smile

El Presidente

I gave it a try, but no luck for me: Unknown error. I'll try again though. If I get the same result, I'll just have to wait for Eric to work his magic on my behalf.

"I train conservatively so that I can race recklessly."

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

there was just a rare server hiccup...wait a minute and try again.
                runningmn

I'm also a CoolRunning refugee and from using your site for the past hour and half, I can honestly say I wished I had switched years ago. This site is FANTASTIC. Big grin The fact that you allow me to import my CoolRunning log is so COOL. And the Google maps, as a self proclaimed mapping nut, this is awesome. Thanks and keep up the great work.

Master of Inconsistency

Eric, Just wanted to say thanks !! I never thought it would be so easy. I think I'm going to like it here! Big grin Greg

Ain't  Wastin' Time No More !

Thank you so much! You have done a wonderful thing here Big grin This former CR log user is happy that you have chosen to be so accomodating.
                      Run, run as fast as you can

Maniac

Somebody please help me....How do I get the cgi file from the Coolrunning (or ActiveTrainer) website to my computer? Please? Anyone?

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

wanderingoutlaw

Somebody please help me....How do I get the cgi file from the Coolrunning (or ActiveTrainer) website to my computer? Please? Anyone?
                          If you hit the "Home" tab at the top of the page, Eric lists2 threads from the Active.com forums discussing how to retrieve this info. Fortunately for me, I saved my logs every couple of days as the merging of coolrunning and active approached. Hope this helps.

John

Maniac

Thanks...Unfortunately, I'm at work and those message boards are "filtered" (though, for some reason this one isn't). I guess I'll wait until I get home...Shoot....I'm bored here at work and figured this would be a good time to get this worked out...

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

wanderingoutlaw

Thanks, Eric. The conversion worked great.

John

wanderingoutlaw

Thanks...Unfortunately, I'm at work and those message boards are "filtered" (though, for some reason this one isn't). I guess I'll wait until I get home...Shoot....I'm bored here at work and figured this would be a good time to get this worked out...
                                I went to one of the threads for you and came back with this (the following was written by leendert): I found a workaround if you don't have a cookie on your machine that remembered your login information. I'm not sure how long they will work for - I assume Active will shut these backdoors pretty quickly to lock you into their site. I just exported 5 years worth of data - glad it is still there. I had set coolrunning to remember my login information, so I did not need to specify my password and simply got my data by only specifying my username. However, once I cleared my cookies and tried to login using the approach mentioned I could no longer log in. But, I found another workaround, it is a two step process that should work for any one who remembers their username and password. In the URLs below, substitute USERNAME by your user name, and PASSWORD by the password you used on coolrunning. First you have to go through the login process: http://www.coolrunning.com/cgi-bin/register/start_prefs.cgi?UserName=USERNAME&Password=PASSWORD&goAction=login After the log in you will be redirected to the coolrunning home page, but now your login information has been remembered, and you can get to your old training log by going to: http://www.coolrunning.com/cgi-bin/log/display.cgi?u=USERNAME Then go to Tools and use the Download Your Running Log option to save your data (after saving this file, you can open it with excel).

John