Automated Cool Running log import (Read 4470 times)

Third time is a charm! I just imported over 5700 miles / 900 workouts and it looks great. Thank you so much.
    macd

Indy Half Marathon

Thanks so much, eric! It worked great!
      Quebecoise

Hello, Perhaps someone can help me--I'm another Coolrunning Refugee, who just uploaded my log (WOW!!!!!). But for some reason it uploaded everything twice. In other words, every day it lists two identical workouts (as though I did each one, two times). So my data is all doubled! Did this happen to anyone else? Any idea how to fix it? Thanks! Karyn
          Thanks Eric, Great site and great work...I'm off to find that paypal link Smile
          nogas

Please do not post your password in public forums.
            bkuebert

Awesome site, thanks a ton! Looks great so far. Smile Now if you can only inspire me to run more......
              Irongal

Thank you sooooo much. My log was there in a flash! I'm a happy camper. Thank you very much! Big grin Smile Yes
                  I never kept my log at coolrunning, but I do have an excel log I wouldn't mind importing. Can you give a list of fields? What are the headers? thanks

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Thanks so much for all the effort, I imported my log with no problem, took only a few seconds. The only thing that didn't quite make it right was my courses. The names are there in the drop down menu, but the distances don't automatically come up. I have now figured out how to edit the routes though so I am just doing it manually...not that big of a deal. Again, a million thanks for all the work...now promise you won't sell to those bums at active. Big grin
                    jkwhitfield

Dude, you rock. Thank you for saving us. The import was a breeze, and the site is 100 times better than Active. Big grin I just ordered a RunningAHEAD shirt. J
                        I never kept my log at coolrunning, but I do have an excel log I wouldn't mind importing. Can you give a list of fields? What are the headers? thanks
                        Not sure if thise helps, but I'll try: DATE (M/D/YEAR) TIME OF DAY (24-HOUR FORMAT) SPORT ROUTE DISTANCE MEASURE MILES ELAPSED TIME WORKOUT TYPE SHOES WEIGHT WEATHER TEMPERATURE AVG HEART RATE RESTING HEART RATE MAX HEART RATE COMMENTS 10/13/2007 8:00:00 Running Sertoma 5K 3.1 miles 3.1 0:23:17 Race Adidas AdiZero PR 162 Sun 62 196 50 215 7:40 - mile 1
                        7:20 - mile 2
                        8:17 - last 1.1 miles (~7:31 pace)
                        Leendert_Old

If you need more detail than is provided in RacingThoughts post, you can take a look at my log file. The fields are tab separated. I uploaded my data file and it is available at: http://www.ece.ualberta.ca/~berg/Leendert.tsv
                          Nimages

Eric - This is great! Thank you so much! Got it to transfer on the second try. Had to set my week starting date to match then it worked perfectly.
                            eric :)

Thanks so much for all the effort, I imported my log with no problem, took only a few seconds. The only thing that didn't quite make it right was my courses. The names are there in the drop down menu, but the distances don't automatically come up. I have now figured out how to edit the routes though so I am just doing it manually...not that big of a deal. Again, a million thanks for all the work...now promise you won't sell to those bums at active. Big grin
                              The importer does not set your default course distance because it really doesn't know what it should be since you can run different distances on the same route. It's better to leave it up to you than to make assumptions. This site is created for runners. I might put up a couple of ads to cover the costs of bandwidth (which is currently is way over my allotted limit) some time in the future, but it will not be anything obnoxious. As for selling, this is my baby and I ain't letting her go.
                                Thanks so much for providing this service! I absolutely love this log, after CR went and ruined what they had by switching to Active. This seems better in many ways, and I wish I would have found this a couple of years ago. The import worked great!