Automated Cool Running log import (Read 4470 times)

Not sure if thise helps, but I'll try: DATE (M/D/YEAR) TIME OF DAY (24-HOUR FORMAT) SPORT ROUTE DISTANCE MEASURE MILES ELAPSED TIME WORKOUT TYPE SHOES WEIGHT WEATHER TEMPERATURE AVG HEART RATE RESTING HEART RATE MAX HEART RATE COMMENTS 10/13/2007 8:00:00 Running Sertoma 5K 3.1 miles 3.1 0:23:17 Race Adidas AdiZero PR 162 Sun 62 196 50 215 7:40 - mile 1
    7:20 - mile 2
    8:17 - last 1.1 miles (~7:31 pace)
    Thanks. This and Leendert's post will get me started. Looks like a good project to try to pull all this information from my excel sheet and sporttracks. Now to come up with a workflow to keep it updated. One question (to Eric?): will the import wipe out everything that is there, or will it add runs. E.g., if I come up with a process to make a short spreadsheet once a week with my runs since the last import, and then I import that into the training log, will that add to what is there already, or will it wipe out what is there?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Wingz

Professional Noob

Hello, Perhaps someone can help me--I'm another Coolrunning Refugee, who just uploaded my log (WOW!!!!!). But for some reason it uploaded everything twice. In other words, every day it lists two identical workouts (as though I did each one, two times). So my data is all doubled! Did this happen to anyone else? Any idea how to fix it? Thanks! Karyn
      Karyn - Drop him a line by the "feedback" button on the bottom of most screens. I will warn you that it'll probably take a few days since he's got SO much going on, but I've not known Eric to ignore user problems. My guess is he just didn't see your note here because there's so much being posted right now. I know I can't keep up... and I'm not trying to do log imports! Welcome to RunningAHEAD! Janell

Roads were made for journeys...

FrJMK

Eric: Thanks. Another refugee already feeling at home at Running Ahead.
        atmparis2008

Smile Wow! It worked! Thank you, Eric. My data's not impressive by any standard but it's a record of my first marathon and I'm delighted to have it back. Have a lovely Christmas and a well-deserved rest. xxx
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Eric, you remain awesome. I hope you are getting lots of RA shirt orders and PayPal hits Big grin
            jraab

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I was able to import my log to active, but I found the log a nightmare when trying to add new workouts and it lost my current course info. When I found the threads about RA I decided to try. It took no time at all (it took me a week to figure out where the training log even was, much less import my data on active). My data looks great and it's all there. Your site is user friendly and clear. Thanks for having a great alternative. Happy Holidays! Smile
                Eric - Thank you so much for all of your work! You've made a great little home here for all of us CR refugees, and I hope you're getting a well-deserved rest this week! WanderingOutlaw - Thanks for the specific hack instructions. I had abandoned hope after my log got vacuumed over to ActiveTrainer, and your back door worked perfectly. Everyone - The friendliness of RunningAHEAD's forums has made this decision really easy for me. Big grin

Carolyn - Boston Marathon 2014 Training Blog
                Yo tengo que soñar, asi nadie me va a parar, asi puedo volar.

Thanks for everything
                  ijeepgirl

Upload the data file from CR and not the excel file???? What?? Explain this to me please. I saved my data to my hard drive to an excel file. Can I not just upload that file to this site??

I got my hair highlighted because I felt some strands were more important than others. :)

TerriAb

Eric: Thanks for all the hard work, I love this site (even better than CR). I will recommend it to all!
                        Well, I couldn't get the log to transfer but my wonderful husband (who's much more computer literate than I am) downloaded it for me!! My entire log from coolrunning from the beginning of my running experience! I'm so excited. Eric, Thank you for this site - it's like a belated Christmas gift. Connie Smile
                        What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
                          Finally got my log from CR, and uploaded it in a snap with your import tool, Eric...thanks very much! Smile
                          Dorsey

San Diego 1997: 4:59:59, San Diego 1999: 4:37:23, Carlsbad 2008: 6:32:21, America's Finest City Half Aug 2008: ??

"Run if you can. Walk if you must. Crawl if you have to. Just don't give up."
                          Gob Bluth

Wow - I am impressed with the site! After wasting an hour trying to find out how to import my data in Active, I found this site and was able to do it in less than 5 minutes.... very clear instructions! I thought my log was lost forever. Thanks Eric.....
                            Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Wow - I am impressed with the site! After wasting an hour trying to find out how to import my data in Active, I found this site and was able to do it in less than 5 minutes.... very clear instructions! I thought my log was lost forever. Thanks Eric.....
                              That's because Eric is 'The Man'. Big grin Neil UK Smile

Running ... just keep running!