Can I Hug You? (Read 1094 times)

xor

My dachshund hugs me sometimes (and since I don't have kids... it's the best I've got). How does a dachshund hug? He climbs up my chest and puts the side of his face (basically, his snout and his ear) against the side of my face. Then he hums. If it is a long hum, it sounds like a moo. If it is a short hum, it sounds like an oink. If it is a series of short hums, it sounds like a chicken clucking. No matter which barnyard animal he decides to go with, the hug is cute and far preferable to the doggie kiss. Which he usually offers up after he's been... uh... pleasuring himself for awhile. Ok then.

#artbydmcbride

Weiner hugs for srlopez!

Runners run

xor

soft pillow hugs for leney!

Best Present Ever

I may be arrested for random sweaty stranger hugging this Saturday (is that sexual battery? or just regular battery?). I was supposed to be running the National marathon this weekend with two friends, have my family cheering for me and meeting me at the end, then going with my two friends to a small party of folks I haven't seen in a few years. Now, both running friends have bailed on running with me & friends who were going to come for the weekend party cancelled. My husband is thinking that it doesn't make too much sense to get the kids out of school early, drive to DC, drive to my friend's house in the suburbs for the night, then drive back in to DC to meet me before driving the kids 2.5 hours back home (Actually, I brought up the family issue, but to the pbvious relief of my poor husband). So I'm left driving up alone, running alone, and driving home alone, and will need a random sweaty stranger hug at the end. Cry
            (((mamaofthree))) Your situation is concerning -- what if you need help at the finish line? Be forthright about asking for help if you need it and by golly, ask for a hug, too!
            celiacChris

3Days4Cure

So I'm left driving up alone, running alone, and driving home alone, and will need a random sweaty stranger hug at the end. Cry
              ((((HUGS)))) So sorry to hear that. FWIW, I've only had support at three races in my career (one time mostly was fromRAers at the race), and never at any of the ones I really needed a hug (see my RNR AZ Faceplant report). Not having support there, especially when you planned on it, sucks. Focus on why you are running the race-- YOU. Hug the random stranger, celebrate the fact YOU drug yourself out of bed, YOU committed to the training, and YOU should be proud of your accomplishment. Hugh five a few kids along the route, smile at the volunteers, and take the support of random strangers. When you finish, give yorself a pat on the back, Hug a stranger, and walk out of there proud of what YOU accomplished. Family and friends-- eff them... You rock. Take another virtual hug to get started (((HUGS))) Wink

Chris
              PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Best Present Ever

Y'all are nice. I've never hugged a stranger before, not a real stranger and never a sweaty one. Can't wait for the expression on this person's face! I'll report back on how it goes ....
                  I spied a guy in tight, gold lame shorts with shamrocks on each butt cheek, a wife beater T, and a matching gold lame headband with bobbily green antennas.
                  Has ShaNaNa taken up running?

E.J.
                  Greater Lowell Road Runners
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Here is the pic from my sweaty stranger hug last weekend. Random Guy on left, me on right. mamaofthree - Good luck at your race! Hug everyone!
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Here is the pic from my sweaty stranger hug last weekend. Random Guy on left, me on right.
                      Ha...his expression is pure "take the pic quick...this chick is scaring me!" Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

For some reason, the pic doesn't show up for me. Can anyone else see it?
                          For some reason, the pic doesn't show up for me. Can anyone else see it?
                          Sadly, no. Thanks Bramsey.

E.J.
                          Greater Lowell Road Runners
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

David44

From the properties it looks like you didn't enter in the photos full url address. It is missing at the bare minimum the file extension... So you get one of these...
                            Goals: Complete Couch to 5k Lose 30lbs Be ready for a 3 day 30 mile hike with a 30lb pack in Glacier NP this August
                              Edit: Others did it better.
                              2009 Goals: Run 5x a week, Iron Horse Half-Marathon on a 6-month C2HM Program that completely made up and is probably unhealthy.
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay