Be like this guy (Read 824 times)

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

This is an old story, but I had never heard it before. At age 61, sheep farmer Cliff Young won a 500+ mile race because he didn't know you're supposed to stop and sleep once in a while.
    Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.
    UpNorth

I love that story! It never gets old.
        I hadn't seen it before. Thanks for sharing it Ed. That old farmer is the epitome of HTFU!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Slow-smooth-fast

Thanks for sharing Ed. Great story Wink

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

I saw somebody telling the story on a PBS show recently, I loved it. The guy kept saying "all the professional runners knew....." , then he would follow up with "but Cliff didn't know this, so he..." and the crowd would crack up over and over. Amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic.

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

that's what she said

wow!
              Nicole
                Smile great story!!!!!
                  What a great and inspirational story that was. I had never heard of Cliff Young before tonight. Thank you for sharing that.

jfa

Awesome, Thanks Ed Smile

WOW what a story!!!

Genipher 

"Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up." –-Dean Karnazes 

"There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing" Dave Landgraf

Wow, that is hectic!