Running skirts (Read 1338 times)

uncontrollable

Looking for a running skirt for my marathon. Black is great because it goes with everything BUT I was hoping for something more unique. My racing singlet is red & white so I can't have something the completely clashes. I've been to the 3 main sites that pop up on google. Anywhere wear one or have any advice?

peace

Target actually has some pretty good ones - cheap and comfy. REI also has one I wear - it has a different style to the others I've seen and a zip pocket in the back.
      "A man must love a thing very much if he not only practices it without any hope of fame and money, but even practices it without any hope of doing it well." - G. K. Chesterton

uncontrollable

Target actually has some pretty good ones - cheap and comfy. REI also has one I wear - it has a different style to the others I've seen and a zip pocket in the back.
        Wow Target - really? Cool - Thanks.

peace

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I LOVE the skirts from runningskirts.com. I know they have a red and white one, too. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I got one from lululemon athletica that was very cool and extremely comfy. I think it was called wetdrywarm or something? I heart it - it's completely converted me to running skirts! Big grin http://www.lululemon.com/products/womens/bottoms/shorts_skirts/wetdrywarm_skirt
              I LOVE the skirts from runningskirts.com. I know they have a red and white one, too. Smile
              Ditto! :-) Lots of cool colors and really comfy.

uncontrollable

Thanks!

peace

onemoremilerunning.com also has good ones.

Pre would have liked us.

I bought one from Target and the price was right, the color great and it looks nice, but it didn't do the one thing I need the skirt (actually compression short) to do and that was keep my thighs from rubbing/chaffing. The short was just a little too short. For the price it may be worth the try, but just a word of warning!

Pre would have liked us.

I thought I'd add in here if anyone was to check back that Joe's New Balance Outlet shop online has 5 colors of the Bonita running skirt on sale for about $15 and I think it's free shipping even if you only buy one. Cute colors and some shirts to match! I've never used a NB skirt but I just ordered 4!
                      FastTalkingFatty

I just one a skirt in a race bib raffle, they have cool colors and good design and I owe them the advertising: http://www.skirtgoddess.com/products/default.aspx I really like the skirt I got from them.

<www.runningahead.com/groups/veggies/

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I thought I'd add in here if anyone was to check back that Joe's New Balance Outlet shop online has 5 colors of the Bonita running skirt on sale for about $15 and I think it's free shipping even if you only buy one. Cute colors and some shirts to match! I've never used a NB skirt but I just ordered 4!
                          It's a really nice skirt...except no pocket and the high side slits are not compatible with Camelbaks or other waist hydration packs--the back will creep up and lodge under the pack (ask me how I know). But for runs where you don't need to carry keys or gels or anything it's very nice. I actually prefer the '06 "Andare" model, but they only made it that year. I wonder if NB will come out with a model for '08....

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Ojo

Kirsten -- I had that happen too! I was so frustrated with pulling my skirt down for 15 miles that I got rid of the camelback and switched to the Amphapod system. I love my skirts from Athleta too much to put up with that. Blush

Sara

MM #2929

The Greatest of All Time

Um, what's a running skirt?
                              all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                                Marcus- you should order one immediately. You are really missing out. ALL the "real runners" are wearing them. You will be the hit at the next 5K.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth