Did anyone watche Grey's ANatomy last night? (Read 863 times)

My take on that is the inflammation and swelling was putting so much pressure on the blood supplies to the leg that they were basically shut off. (Remember in the scene when they said they couldn't detect a pulse in the legs?). Cutting open the skin, fascia and tissue relieves the pressure and allows the blood vessels to reinflate.
    OIC! that make more sense now. Thank you for taking time to figure it out for me! Wink

Jennifer mm#1231

Backroadrunner, go to ABC.com and you can watch the episode for free! There is one 30 second commercial in the middle, but it's an excellent way to catch back up! I love GA, but did think of that poor fella and his legs when I was out running today. I started on a round of Augmentin yesterday and starting thinking "I hope this isn't like what happened in the show....." I decided it was mostly fictional! Enjoy the show, Jilly
      Thanks for the suggestion, Jilly! Unfortunately, I live in the land of dial-up only, so watching even that 30 second commercial on the internet would take me about, oh...a week!! Shy
      So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
        A friend of my parents had ACS from cross country skiing a few years ago. You are right, the cutting is to relieve the pressure & return the blood flow. He was hospitalized for a couple of weeks & has some extremely impressive scars to show for it. They had to leave the incisions open for several days, then there was some grafting...not sure of all the details, but I do remember the poor guy had a helluva long recovery!
        So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3