stat scripts in Vista sidebar? (Read 665 times)

...listen to the thunder

Just changed over to Vista and was wondering if there was a way to display the data in the stat scripts (under tools) on the sidebar of the Vista desktop. Thanks. Bob

Run, Eat, Repeat.

MojoJojo

I wrote one today if you're interested.

...listen to the thunder

Sure. What data does it display?

Run, Eat, Repeat.

MojoJojo

Distance totals, personal records or latest runs. It's selectable under the settings for the gadget. You can email me and I'll try to get you a copy. joe@ostrander.com

De-slacking in progress

Distance totals, personal records or latest runs. It's selectable under the settings for the gadget. You can email me and I'll try to get you a copy. joe@ostrander.com
            I just emailed you also asking for a copy to try out. Thank you

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

...listen to the thunder

I emailed you too. Sounds good. Thanks. Bob.

Run, Eat, Repeat.

MojoJojo

I submitted the gadget to the MS Gadget site.... I'll post a link if/when it's approved. Big grin

...listen to the thunder

Thanks for all your work. I'm sure many people will end up using it. I know I'm looking forward to it. Big grin

Run, Eat, Repeat.

MojoJojo

OK, here's version 1.0... Hope it works for you. If not, let me know. The default refresh time is set to 2 hours, but you can change it and the gadget mode in the settings. LINK: RunningAhead.com Stats Vista Gadget Tech info: I may modify it to use AJAX to get the info later... for now it pulls it from the flyout.html. Joe

...listen to the thunder

Joe it looks great. I just can't figure out how to get my data in the gadget. Sorry, technology-challenged here.Embarrassed

Run, Eat, Repeat.

Sweet I always wanted a gadget to show me joe's log on my desktop! lol =) kidding. How do I change to my stats?
                        2009 Goals: Run 5x a week, Iron Horse Half-Marathon on a 6-month C2HM Program that completely made up and is probably unhealthy.
                        MojoJojo

Sorry all... I forgot that I was going to change 1 more thing... basically gadget is set to MY data. Here's how to change it: Find the flyout.html file in the following path: C: \Users\_YOUR_NAME_\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\runstats.Gadget\ Edit the file using Notepad.exe Find the links and set them to your links: Example: These links go to my data: http://www.runningahead.com/scripts/cbd200d112d54d6a970e983583ae5ecf/latest http://www.runningahead.com/scripts/cbd200d112d54d6a970e983583ae5ecf/totals http://www.runningahead.com/scripts/cbd200d112d54d6a970e983583ae5ecf/records cbd200d112d54d6a970e983583ae5ecf reflects me. If you click Tools on the runningahead site and then Scripts for your site, you'll see the URLs that need to be changed. I'll modify the gadget tomorrow so that it is much easier than this Smile ... sorry and thanks for testing. I'll put the link back online after I fix it.
                          MojoJojo

Sweet I always wanted a gadget to show me joe's log on my desktop! lol =) kidding. How do I change to my stats?
                            lol... Hilarious btw !

...listen to the thunder

Joe, I like it even better with my data in it. Big grin Seems to work great so far. Once it was blank and I'll click on it and it updated. Might happen after my computer "sleeps". Thank you for creating and sharing this gadget, it'll get used all the time on this computer. Bob

Run, Eat, Repeat.

MojoJojo

I updated the heck out of it today. Nothing too visual, but the coding is much more to my liking and it's more user friendly...especially since it's not hard-coded for 1 user! It's currently "Pending Approval" on the gadget site. I'll keep checking to see when it's approved...