WORLD WAR Z - Outrun a Zombie (Read 206 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's tried in the book.  Problem is too many humans, not enough growing season = starved humans.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't...we'd be like deer during particularly brutal Winters when they can't get down to enough food under the snow...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

CT JEFF

The Walking Dead series says it best. FIGHT THE DEAD. FEAR THE LIVING. 

MAX Brooks has a lot of suggestions in THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GUIDE. He prefers a bicycle to almost any other mode of transportation. Its quiet, doesnt need fuel, not impossible to carry over small distances and if it becomes a hindrance you can just leave it.

I have never used one, but I wonder if a MoPed would be better. Cant you peddle those as well?

I hadnt really thought of this, but heat / humidity / hills would also be a huge factor in outrunning a zombie. Every zombie scenario seems to agree that they dont get tired. They may be fast or slow, but pain / endurance are not an issue for them.

In the past, I thought "I could just keep jogging down this trail and Id outrun them" - That still might work, since one side of the trail is next to a steep cliff and a river. Id mainly have to watch one side.

Theres another possibility. I know some high altitude runners. And trail runners. They would probably have the most advantage over a Zed.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

Menace to Sobriety

That's tried in the book.  Problem is too many humans, not enough growing season = starved humans.

My favorite snippet of that book is the Battle of Yonkers.

With a severely depleted human population and development at a standstill, wild game should be more than plentiful. Could be rough on the vegan types, though.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I hadnt really thought of this, but heat / humidity / hills would also be a huge factor in outrunning a zombie. Every zombie scenario seems to agree that they dont get tired. They may be fast or slow, but pain / endurance are not an issue for them. 

Zombie apocalypse

DAY 1: half of humanity infected

DAY 2: Badwater Endurance record falls to Zed . . .  who is later disqualified for chewing on other racers outside the bounds of official water stations.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

With a severely depleted human population and development at a standstill, wild game should be more than plentiful. Could be rough on the vegan types, though.

More tasty meats for me!!! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I saw that Venn diagram earlier and chuckled...and I haven't even read the book.  I forget who it was I was talking to in the last couple of days who said they thought WWZ would make a good TV show or mini-series...with each episode covering 1 entry in the book.  Given the crazy success of The Walking Dead I'm sorta surprised that this approach was not taken.

~ Sarah Kay

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

I forget who it was I was talking to in the last couple of days who said they thought WWZ would make a good TV show or mini-series...with each episode covering 1 entry in the book.

Um...maybe me, on the first page?  Big grin

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

CT JEFF

Zombie apocalypse

DAY 1: half of humanity infected

DAY 2: Badwater Endurance record falls to Zed . . .  who is later disqualified for chewing on other racers outside the bounds of official water stations.

LOVE IT!

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Um...maybe me, on the first page?  Big grin

Nah, it was someone I talked to IRL either the day it came out or the day after.  But clearly it's a a thought that's been on the minds of many.  Perhaps the movie was simply a sort of test release to see if there's general interest in extending the franchise to TV/cable.

~ Sarah Kay