Competitive Jerks Racing and Training - 2023 (Read 572 times)

Running Problem

Problem Child

2:59:29- Very pleased with the result.  Everything had to go my way to sneak in under 3 and it did.  Perfect weather, Great race support etc.  I don't remember it being as hard in 2015 when I was 45 LOL

Probably had a shot at a PR but I obviously need to work on my stamina.  Maybe a summer of miles and more 20+ milers will cure me of the sudden habit I've developed of slipping toward the end or races.  This should have been a negative split race but I'm very happy.

How many telephone poles were there?

I might be more willing to blame the lack of a PR on having run Boston. Perhaps I could have rubbed off a little more on you during race day had we been able to know you'd have a 20 mph tailwind.

How WAS running with the tailwind?

I suspect most people don't know about the New Madrid Fault Line extending from Cairo, IL, down into Arkansas.  That's not an area one thinks of when the topic is earthquakes.  It's rare to get a strong one there, but in the early 19th century one was strong enough to make the Mississippi flow backward and create Reelfoot Lake in Kentucky. 
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1811%e2%80%931812_New_Madrid_earthquakes#Geologic_setting

oh that is AWESOME!

They was construction on a new cancer center building at Johns Hopkins Hospital across the street from my work. i thought it was a large construction vehicle driving by. Until the noise continued far longer than it should have for a vehicle.

THIS pretty much describes the reaction. The Virginia Earthquake, and the Lake Almanor earthquake were both under 6 (5.5 and 5.8) at 6km below the surface. A local article said it lasted about 5 seconds, and some guy didn't even get up from drinking coffee. His dogs ran outside and barked.

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/2023/05/11/did-you-feel-it-5-5-quake-strikes-underneath-lake-almanor/70209997007/

dktrotter I think my body was well trained and ready for the beating Boston was going to hand out. I've learned at my current level (age, fitness, consistency in running) recovering from a hard road marathon doesn't take as long as it did previously. I guess at this point I've done so many I know what a good one feels like AFTER training for one hard. Same with the 50 mile ultra marathon I did. Consistency in training (not just 1 mile a day) was more helpful to my recovery than doing 60 mile weeks, and I'm sure 60 mile weeks helped with recovery too. Constantly abusing my body must have built up a tolerance akin to alcoholism/binge drinking.

I didn't have any energy drinks the week of. Typically my "drug of choice" is a 24 ounce sugar free (gotta watch that sugar intake) Rockstar. I cut back because a few of my Thursday marathon tempo runs caused stomach pains and I (possibly correctly) linked it to excessive caffeine intake. I don't even remember the metallic taste you speak of now.

lost medals? did I miss something?  Also, donating blood and running sucks. I've avoided donating blood after doing a few double donations then attempting to run. I have great blood, BUT I'm not willing to give it up simply because it seems like I'm always training for something, and I'm never willing to make time to donate blood when I'm not. I actually recall losing vision after doing a double donation at work. Sat around for a few minutes, walked into the office, and noticed the computer screen seemed to be disappearing.

keen I'm just going to look at the pictures of your race report because it's a little long winded of a post.

cal sub-3 at 60 really does seem harder than doing it at under 40.

darkwave longer recoveries, and running in front of the slower pack sounds much better than not being able to balance yourself while running and having mysterious handicaps mystifying doctors. You're the one who stuck into my head "what's the point of this workout?" and it sounds like you stuck to the purpose of the workout. Even if it was maybe slower than you wanted. Way to not make it about yourself and help the coaches time everyone.

reno crime 45.3

Safety 54.7

Oklahoma City 50.70 and 49.3

Las Vegas 55.90 and 44.10

So if you're looking for someone to visit just remember I identify as an 8 crazy.

Oddly, I just saw someone on Strava commenting about target shooters in the hills of the Reno area. So the CRIME might not be bad, and if you run trails you might get shot because you're running through a legal shooting area. #KeepPublicLandsOpenToThePublic /rant

My Week

I smashed my toe into the coffee table Wednesday night so I took Thursday off. It hurt so much I think it woke me up a few times while I tried to sleep, and I could only sleep one way. I think it cracked a toenail and it's my own fault because I always cut corners. Yeah. you read that right. Inside lane even when casually walking.

I was sort of targeting vert just to see how it goes, and for something new. I wasn't ready to hop into speed work since I have no races planned until 2024, and I was THINKING about doing a local 50k "for funzies." For a variety of reasons I opted to not do the 6 hour long run on a Saturday. Similar reason I've opted not to pace Western States this year. It is enjoyable to run on my own schedule with no set plan. It is almost more relaxing which is what I need right now with work and life. Marathon Scott can't run the show ALL the time because burnout is real, and NOGAS applies more frequently than I'm willing to admit.

I did have an opportunity to tell a girl who just qualified for Boston how I wouldn't do it again because it's expensive, and training sucks. When we talked about the hill I told her "go run on that side of town for your long runs, and make hills something you just run during training and you'll be fine. Just don't try to run up them at marathon pace."  (judgmental statements coming) She BQ'd at a Revel race after going out WAAAAY to fast and having enough time banked to get a guaranteed entry so I'm sure Boston will be more of an experience than a race.

Weekly for period: From: 05/08/2023 To 05/14/2023

<caption>Weekly Grid</caption>
    Date Name mi km Duration Avg/mi Avg/km Elevation Gain
    in ft
    05/08 Morning Walk 0.51 0.81 00:13:30 26:28 16:40 36
    05/08 That time it’s fucking bullshit. 6.92 11.13 00:49:37 07:10 04:27 341
    05/09 That time you can fuck off with your fucking bullshit. 8.00 12.87 01:09:37 08:42 05:25 1109
    05/10 That time I earned a little extra summmin’ summmin’ 8.00 12.88 01:11:51 08:59 05:35 1207
    05/12 That time I found six letters to describe today. 9.70 15.61 02:08:05 13:12 08:12 2612
    05/14 That time I kind of knew exactly how this was going to go. 10.45 16.82 01:25:17 08:10 05:04 446
    05/14 Morning Walk 1.55 2.49 00:34:57 22:33 14:02 26

Total distance: 45.13mi

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Fishy - Big congrats and a well deserved Sub3. Another example that you can run 2 decent marathons 4 weeks apart if you put in the training….even at over 50yo. 👍

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

AndyTN

Overweight per CDC BMI

2:59:29- Very pleased with the result.  Everything had to go my way to sneak in under 3 and it did.  Perfect weather, Great race support etc.  I don't remember it being as hard in 2015 when I was 45 LOL

Well done considering this was less than a month after Boston!

Dw I know dktrotter was mentioning wearing extra layers to help acclimate, and maybe something else I'm forgetting. Maybe she will chime in here. I need to adapt to the heat too for the summer races.

I have started doing heat acclimation for summer running/races in Memphis. I did 9.5 miles today but I waited until lunch time so the temp could get into the upper 80's. My weather station said the temp got up to 91 at some point during the run. I bring my running pack with 2L of water to squirt on the back of my neck and to make sure I don't accidentally get dehydrated.

During the heart of the summer, even getting up at 3 am to run in the dark doesn't allow you to beat the heat so you just find ways to keep it from preventing you from running. Usually in July we have stretches for a couple weeks where the low temp doesn't get below 78. I remember doing a run before dawn last summer which the temp was 84 with 99% humidity.

Andy, ha ha re: talking crap. The solution to that problem is just not to do it ;-)  I have a system (don’t know how good it is, but it’s what keeps me accountable): If it’s a certified course, I go by course time. If it’s not certified, I’ll consider both course and watch time and for a PR go by what my watch says if the course reads short and by course time if the watch reads long (which is rare, but happens). If folks are telling me I can get under 20 min., I bet you can! Late congrats on your PR, too! I imagine your course was likely more accurate. And yes, as Mark has in his signature, “consistency is king!” How cool to have a race where so many could witness your triumph and cheer you on. 

Re piriformis… we talked about this before, right? I think mmerkle is right. You’d want strength training to prevent it happening again, but right now the normal stuff applies. Stretching and foam rolling (as well as that tennis ball again) are also good things to do. I like that exercise Flavio mentioned as well. And yes, heating up the muscles before doing any kind of PT is a good idea. 

Wow, you really do take the time to read through everyone's discussions. Kudos. When I joined this thread at the beginning of the year, I said my main goal was to set PR's in the 5k, 10k, and Half. I did all three of those before the end of April. My other main goal was to cut some weight to make me faster but that hasn't happened.

The Piriformis seems to just get aggravated when I run really fast and doesn't seem to be a problem running at 10k pace for tempo runs. So yes, the muscle it weak. I have started doing resistance band exercises while sitting at my desk just spreading my feet as far apart as possible. It hasn't been hurting for a week at this point and I don't have any 200m sprints in my plans for a long while.

On another note, add here reason #509 for hiring a coach. The coach gave me the day off even though I didn't ask for it. I'd never take the day off on my own, but the coach knows that I need it, and as such, I'm once again saved from running myself into the ground.

DW - My strategy was based on 2 things:
        1 - That I feel safer. It's the same reason we wore masks during the pandemic, and the US airports make you take off your shoes and go through invasive scanners. And Andy runs around with a gun on his waist.

I don't need to pay a coach to tell me not to run. I wanted to ramp up mileage this past week and cap it off with some big runs on the weekend. My wife got strep throat and I was stuck with the kids the whole weekend. I didn't run Saturday and ran only 3 miles yesterday. Big mileage week has been pushed to this week.

I carry the handgun on runs only about 10-12 times per year, usually when I am out on a +2 hour run outside my neighborhood. The only time I had to pull it out was when I encountered a very stubborn deer on a nature trail who refused to run off and even started walking towards me. I picked up a big stick and threw it at the deer, which it then decided the woods were a better place to spend its morning.

Memphis / 38 male

5k - 20:39 / 10k - 43:48 / Half - 1:34:47 / Full - 3:38:10

mmerkle

Commander Thanks for the reply/insight, that made me feel better. I should probably stop being a bitch and just do it. Or if I don't do it there better be a legit reason. I'm also tempted to pull the "birthday miles" stunt this year in mid October, one month out, as prep, and to say I did it once. That will be 29 miles if I decide to do it. I'd probably take my time (I can hear the laughter from this thread as I type this) and run very slow, probably doing it in 4-4.5 hours.

dw You have me intrigued. What would you say is the difference between pain and suffering? If I had to guess, I'd say you might mean that pain is more localized, like smashing your foot into a coffee table as RP just did, while suffering is more of this general overall feeling of discomfort, possibly mixed with pain.

Andy I (and dw too since she lives near me) often have days here in MD/VA where I get to decide whether I want 99% humidity in the morning with a temp maybe near 80 but no sun at least, OR maybe 75-80% humidity in the afternoon with higher temps and of course lots of sunlight. Maybe it's similar in Florida too for dktrotter. Not sure which I hate more. The summer job I work, in a sense, forces me to pick the morning option. It doesn't really but it's mentally easier to me. But the race series forces me to RACE in the latter option.

Fishyone

Cal- Thanks.  I really appreciate your perspective.  After my 2015 race I thought I'd be able to just train for a cycle then jump back to sub 3 shape at will. I completely underestimated how the cycles build on each other over the course of multiple cycles. I've also come to recognize that I need so many variables to come together to make it happen now.  Which makes your many sub 3s all the more impressive.

RP - I didn't hike the Appalachian but I did catch a really nice brook trout and walked a few streams.  Caution there are MANY tics everywhere up there.  Luckily i cleared them off and not got attached but they are very gross creatures.  The tailwind was AWESOME. It wasn't quite 20 but for the vast majority of the race it felt like dead calm even though we were all moving.  It sounds corny but there were at least 3 occasions when I was going uphill or the pace was slipping and I though I could feel the wind increase and give me a little boost.  I'm sure it was all in my mind but it felt glorious.

Piwi- Great to see you getting in some solid weeks. All it took was coming back to post here

Mikkey- Gotta admit that there was a point in the early miles (before mile 9) where I entertained speeding up BUT I'm obviously glad that my better sense prevailed and I pulled back to goal pace!! I agree on being able to run 2 quality races in 4 weeks if you are the type of persone that recovers quickly and can get back to running quality by week 2 after the first.

DK- I'm also impressed at both the quality and quantity of your posts.  If I recall you are a professor correct?  You posts strike me as well organized and complete....Kinda like a essay where you want to make sure to cover everything.

MMerk- I just followed your lead.  you nailed that last race and opened the door to the rest of us slackers I think I'm going to join you for some base mileage and just basic work for a few weeks while I try to plan the fall.

I'll try to work on a race report this week.  It will not rival one of RPs but I will try to capture some of the gritty details.

5K 18:36 (2023), 10K 39:40 (2022), 1/2 1:24:37 (2023), full 2:58:36 (2015) 

Fishy thanks I'm just trying to be consistent right now even if only 40 mpw. After your pre marathon 800m workout I knew you were in beastly form.

Andy carrying a gun on a run wow that is hard-core.

I could have done with one in the surf today as a guy was going to fight me

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

Fishy thanks I'm just trying to be consistent right now even if only 40 mpw. After your pre marathon 800m workout I knew you were in beastly form.

Andy carrying a gun on a run wow that is hard-core.

I could have done with one in the surf today as a guy was going to fight me

I thought all Americans ran with guns?

Bloody surfers and their "get off my wave" attitude. I blame the movie Point Break for this.

50+ age-group PBs:  Half Perish 1:24:24 (June '23 Road Race) - 10km 37:52 (2022 Local Road Champs) - Track 5km 18:49 (Aug '22) - Perish Run 3:17:42

2024 Goals: Boston Perish Run Sub 3:15 - Road/Track 10km Sub 37:30 - 5km Sub 18:20

Bloody surfers and their "get off my wave" attitude. I blame the movie Point Break for this.

Yeah it's ridiculous. So many dudes filled with too much aggressiveness.

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

flavio80

Intl. correspondent

Yeah it's ridiculous. So many dudes filled with too much aggressiveness.

It sounds like you're gonna have to add MMA to your list of hobbies 😁

WCRunner - Thanks for the race report. You're looking very strong. I know you like to compare yourself to that Gene dude, but I don't know better and I instead compare you to the other 70+ people I know, and they're all in horrendous shape.
                    May I say I hope I'll be in your kind of shape when I reach your age.

Keen - This is absolutely not backed by any research, but I suspect an air freshener spray might be worse in the long term than a pepper spray, on account of the multiple nasty chemicals it contains. No idea on the immediate effect, I just sort of hoped it would cause enough confusion on the dog for me to evade the situation. One skill I should learn is how to be playful with dogs.
                    I'm happy to see you're now training for the mile 🤡

Andy - I believe there's a sort of a spectrum of runners in terms of just how addicted they are to running.
                    Some people like me have super high levels of addiction and must be brought back down to Earth from time to time or else we'll crash and burn.
                    Other people like yourself have "life that gets in the way" in the form of other priorities (such as kids), and as such, might do better with somebody who offers creative ways of getting the miles in despite all that.

PRs: 1500 4:54.1 2019 - 5K 17:53 2023 - 10K 37:55 2023 - HM 1:21:59 2021

Up next: no idea

Tool to generate Strava weekly

Running Problem

Problem Child

Only the ones being chased by cops. The responsible ones know they can’t outrun a ghetto bird or Motorola.

fishy I was actually a little worried a solid tailwind might make you overhear because it has no cooling.  The uphill push is real. It’s like dad saying ‘come on. Almost there.’ Ticks are disgusting. 

pain vs suffering pain is temporary. Suffering (feels like it)  lasts forever (because it is painful). Yeah…welcome to my brain hole.

AndyTN locally we have wild mustangs.  During my run every street I encountered one. Wouldn’t move. Crossed the dirt road when I tried to give it space. Twice.  Fucker was going to have a fight with me.  I just haven’t tried to run with a firearm mostly because of chaffing.  While not a deer, these FAWKING horses are a nuisance. I was in a ‘rural’ residential area of where I live and I was actually more worried about people’s dogs than anything. Do you use a belly band and is it a subcompact or are we talkin full size Glockenstein with Hollywood compliant unlimited ammunition?

kids ruin everything. 
                      The easiest way to get better is lowering the standard to a more attainable level.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

AndyTN

Overweight per CDC BMI

Do you use a belly band and is it a subcompact or are we talkin full size Glockenstein with Hollywood compliant unlimited ammunition?

I have a running pack (REI brand) which has large enough pockets on the front chest to put in my subcompact 9mm. It has 13 rounds and is Colorado compliant but not California compliant... Of course it adds weight but I also normally run with 2L of water and some snacks during a long run of 2-3 hours. Tennessee is open carry now so I could just run with it in my hand like in the movies.

This looks like a good option but I have never tried it.

Andy - I believe there's a sort of a spectrum of runners in terms of just how addicted they are to running.

Some people like me have super high levels of addiction and must be brought back down to Earth from time to time or else we'll crash and burn.
                        Other people like yourself have "life that gets in the way" in the form of other priorities (such as kids), and as such, might do better with somebody who offers creative ways of getting the miles in despite all that.

Yes, you are right that some of us have ambitions of getting to the level of competitive jerk but need the extra push occasionally for accountability. That is part of the reason I joined this thread. Then again, hiring a coach to get me to run more will get this coach on my wife's naughty list. When I went out for a 90-min run yesterday, I came home to a grumpy, sick wife who said "I'm not going to be too critical but I don't see how you can prioritize going on a long run when the kitchen is a total mess". I told her that my only priority while she is this sick is to make sure the house doesn't burn down and one of the kids doesn't lose a limb, everything else will be a bonus.

Memphis / 38 male

Running Problem

Problem Child

AndyTN California compliance is nonsense. I say this as a "former" (you're only a former to people who currently live there) Californian. With what you're describing you might as well be backpacking/thru-hiking. SHEESH! As for prioritizing running....umm fkcu work go running? I've reached a point with running where it is my priority and I've carved out time to make it happen. This took years to make work with a family and my response to the kitchen would be "I prioritized it because I knew the kitchen would get cleaned, and I knew if I didn't go for a run I'd be pissed off all day long. I could have done a half-assed job and you would be pissed I did a half assed job instead of being upset it wasn't done at all. Amazing how you get to complain, and if I miss out on what EYE wanted to do it isn't important to you. Love you. I'll clean it after my shower, or maybe while you're sleeping and I'm awake."

yeah....yeeeaaaaaahhhhhhh.

VDOT 53.37 

dktrotter

Dorothea

I start a lot of my posts thinking to myself “Just focus on the things you care about/want to reply to.” But it still ends up being a lot. One day I’ll have to declare bankruptcy (as you called it, darkwave) But today is not that day. Also, Fishy, it’s not so much my training writing essays as replying to/summarizing discussion boards :-) (and prof! I wish! I’m just a lowly instructor, doing the uni grunt work) 

Thanks for the tips, piwi. Hard to believe 5k was once the height of my running ambitions. Going to see if I can at least work in some VO2 max workouts even if I won’t always make it to 45 mpw in the off season. 

Nice running last week—and nice to see you and Mark are finally getting a bit of fall! As Fishy said, also my favorite season (closely followed by winter… in anyplace). Mark, you also answered my question about the series before I could ask it… sounds like some fun incline! Definitely a great way to build strength and use some other muscles. And also sadly the summer term just started, but it’s only one class and I have a lot more time for side projects and running now. 

Re giving blood: I gave a few times while in college and don’t remember it having as much of an effect-then again, I was younger and probably not used to the same level of fitness. Needless to say, I won’t be doing it for a while (also just because my stored iron is pretty low to begin with). It seems a bit selfish, but as a runner it really does interfere with our ability to do the thing we love, and there’s rarely a time when it won’t interfere with training for a race. Thanks for the kind words about doing the race anyway. If it hadn’t been for all my mates doing it, I wouldn’t have. 

Steve, glad to see the training is going well! Nice key session. Another week and then the hay is in the barn, right? Smart to switch out the run with the ride. How’s the calf feeling? 

Flavio, give me 10C temps and maybe I will! :-) Also kudos on that mile repeat workout. 

And yes, maybe the Ctrl + z comes from the different location on the keyboard, but it’s also that since I switched to a US keyboard, it’s a Mac, which is also all weird with the keyboard shortcuts. And yay for bequeathed rest days. They feel much better than the ones you kind of have to force yourself to take.  

Fishy, yeah! The best thing about fish are their short memories… at least that’s said of goldfish. It makes life more pleasant. Getting in the zone is one of the reasons I need at least 4 runs in my week. Also congrats again on your incredible race performance! It also confirms that Boston was hampered by the congested first miles-and I wonder if you would have had the stamina if you hadn’t just run a marathon. Great AG win! And I love when non-runners force me to put my long-distance running into perspective.

Ew re ticks. Those are one of my least favorite things (those and leeches… blech) 

mmerkle, ah, that  explains the hill stuff! When does that series start? And I guess I’ll have to try more IPAs. The ones I’ve had in the past were too bitter for my tastes. I’ll keep in eye out for those breweries. Thanks. Also, I’ll jump in about the 50-miler, even if I just did a 40-miler. But I think like a marathon, you want to make sure you don’t start too fast, but unlike the marathon, even if you don’t start too fast, you’ll slow down. So you just want to make sure you keep yourself comfortable (and fueled) and just keep going. Also one of the best parts of a non-race long run is just running. Don’t do it on the roads… find a nice trail, get lost, and the miles add up finding your way back. 

darkwave, hmm… good point about pain vs. suffering. That’s true. But I always thought I had a pretty high tolerance for the latter too… but I need to interrogate that a little more. Also putting Indy Monumental on my list of races to try. Also two great workout days + the progressive. The swims afterwards seem like a great way to cool down, literally these days as the days get warmer. Sorry about the asthma though…I know a few people dealing with the extra pollen, but you say that wasn’t necessarily the issue…  And it’s a bit of a shame that your pace is right in between groups, but hopefully things continue to progress so that you have a few running buddies at pace (though being faster than folks is a bit of a boost during workouts, too).  

Re heat adaptation: visit me in south Florida! Though it’s actually been quite nice lately. We had hotter days in March. It’s very humid though… 85-90% every morning. But seriously, the extra layers could help. Those sauna sessions (especially if you can do some kind of workout in them) can help… running during the hottest part of the day can help, since the races are usually early or late, right? Also, Andy, I always forget that there’s other places with similar conditions! 84F with 99% humidity sounds right. Congrats on meeting all your goals, btw. Now it’s time to set at least one more for the fall. Glad to read the piriformis is feeling better. 

And mmerkle, choosing between humid and slightly cooler or dryer and hotter is EXACTLY the choice I have to make every day in summer (and I also dislike both). Because I’m lazy a lot, but don’t want/can’t wait until the evening, I end up running a lot at noon. 

Re crime: amusingly it’s higher in Boynton Beach than Berlin 

Index   

Boynton Beach, FL

Berlin

Crime Index:

Safety Scale:

RP, I thought you posted about missing medals? Maybe I misread that. Anywho, sounds like you’re settling into a well-earned break. You need to give yourself enough time not following a plan until you’re itching for a plan again. That or you’re driving everyone around you bananas. Hope the toe heals well. I seriously wonder about the point of them each time I stub or break one. 

Re priorities and addictions, it can come and go in phases, right? I have phases where I have less need for intense running and lots of personal or external responsibilities that make me move running more to the bottom of the list, to the point that I’m sometimes grateful to even get it in (often when on family vacation or when I really have 0 spare minutes), but I also have phases where a specific goal or schedule makes running more of a priority, even if the responsibilities are still there… running just seems more important. That’s also when I get the most flak about my priorities, and I rationalize it that running allows me to balance those other responsibilities better… but this doesn't often make sense to the non-runner. 

Qualifications: I like to run. In Florida. In the summer. At noon.  

Last race: Community 5K, March 2nd. Speed test run with 2 walk breaks. Went pretty well.  

AndyTN

Overweight per CDC BMI

Mark/Steve/Piwi - I'm watching the Atlanta Braves baseball game right now and they have an Aussie commentating. What the hell does this guy know about baseball??? Shouldn't he be interested in Cricket or Rugby 7's???? I'm not going to yell "get out of our country" but I don't know something more polite...

Jeeze, I feel like I have been conversing with RP too much and I'm ranting about something like the squirrels in the yard talking crap. 😝

Memphis / 38 male

SteveChCh

Hot Weather Complainer

Dorothea - Calf feels okay but I'll find out for sure in an hour or 2!  Hopefully I can cruise through my workout tonight then get back to worrying about other taper madness...

Andy - What does an Aussie have to do with us???  I follow baseball and would know a little bit...but I'd probably have the same reaction to that accent.

I won't tell you what my reaction would have been to your wife though...

5km: 18:34 11/23 │ 10km: 39:10 8/23 │ HM: 1:26:48 9/23 │ M: 3:34:49 6/23

2024 Races:

Motorway Half Marathon February 25, 2024 1:29:55

Christchurch Half-Marathon April 21, 2024

Selwyn Marathon June 2, 2024

Dunedin Half Marathon September 15, 2024