40s+ on the Run - Happy New Year! (Week of 12/30/07) (Read 1379 times)

Hi All - A new week and a New Year! If you want to know what your stripper name is, go to the end of last week's thread. Candy Dazzlethighs, here! (I've chosen to use my maiden name on this one. Married name: Candy Dixonthighs . . . Undecided)

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Top 'O the World!

Heidi GlitterKiss here!! Big grin (using maiden name) married name is GlitterRidge ?!?! Confused p.s. DH says strippers only have one name Roll eyes
      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

jfa

Candy Leathercheeks!!!! Cool Which is a pretty accurate way to describe the feeling in my arse after doing 14.2m today @9:50 pace!! Yes

p.s. DH says strippers only have one name Roll eyes
          And, um, exactly how would he know that??? Evil grin

Leslie
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Candy Leathercheeks!!!! Which is a pretty accurate way to describe the feeling in my arse after doing 14.2m today @9:50 pace!!
            Where's the laughing emoticon, 'cause I'm cracking up right now!!

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

btb1490

Thanks for getting our new week started Leslie....err.... Candy. Leslie, that was some great sounding run you had the other day, despite the rain. Sorry your trip home had to have that tragedy thrown in there. Scary stuff. Sad Jim, sorry I didn't know what your hip ailment was. You're right, ice probably won't help there. I hope you find a solution that lets you keep enjoying your runs. Joe, sounds like those leathercheeks could use a massage! Nice run! I was able to get out for a run yesterday afternoon, in sunshine and 50* temps, a big difference from the morning conditions when I had to abort. Sqeaked in 7 miles instead of the scheduled 16. Woke up this AM to beautifully calm, crisp conditions and got my 16+ miler in today instead. I was on Long Beach Island in NJ and ran to the lighthouse and back. Can't believe it's almost 2008 already. Time's fun when you're having flies... -Bob aka Chesty Silver****er. Um, I think I'll stick to Bob.

Top 'O the World!

Leslie aka/Candy Big grin dh says in the "usual way!" & the correct respnse to "Leathercheeks" would be ~ ROFLMAO!! High Noon (nearly peak heat Wink) 30*F/43% H 5.69 "Mairead miles". "snow slogging" @ avg 17min pc...(hills are a booger in shin deep snow!)
                Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Top 'O the World!

Hey guys! Check this out! http://www.marathonmovie.com/home.html
                  Pammie

Hello i'm here otherwise known as Princess Leatherrock. but i do feel like a fraud. I have been over at CR but i'm not 40 till June maybe i should come back then.
                    btb1490

Good morning gang! Well, it's morning here on the east coast anyway. Happy New Years Eve day! Princess Pammie, we use rounding here to figure out our ages, so 39+ rounds up to 40, so you're in! Welcome! Wasting time at work here today, not much happening. I got up early to hit the gym before work, and I guess whoever was supposed to open up this AM either forgot or overslept cuz everything was still locked up tight. I'll try heading over again at lunchtime, luckily it's just right up the road. A tendon injury in my left ankle that kept me out of commission for 8 weeks earlier this year seems to have resurfaced over the weekend, so I was gonna jump on the elliptical. Hopefully a few days rest will get things back in working order. Not what I want to have happen with less that 2 weeks to go before Disney! Angry Cindy, all that snow slogging is gonna make you super strong! Imaging how you'll feel like you're flying once you hit the roads again! And if the snow was shin deep for you, imaging how it felt for your dog! It was probably belly deep! Joe, how's the arse today? Have fun and be safe out there tonight gang! A happy, healthy 2008 to all! Smile

Top 'O the World!

** Evil grin anybody know how/if to do gif's?? ** Still trying.....stuff Confused <>>{{{{{{{{{ HAPPY NEW YEAR GANG!!! }}}}}}}}}}}}b> Bob, hopefully that will be the case....I seem to be gettin' out less, due to wimpiness about the weather, lack o' babysitter, yada, yada, yada ~ SO! I'm hoping that the snow slogging will sorta keep me a little on track....it's kinda like running in the sand, only colder! Wink & if the snow's deep enough for my doggie to be belly draggin', I'd betterbe wearing snow shoes! lol! she's pretty leggy bein' about 30" @ the shoulder! (I need to get more pics of her!) I'm waiting till later to get out....cold & windy this am here.....

jfa

Morning Gang, Happy New Year's Eve! I too had to go to work ,but nothing's going on today. Bob, nice run down at LBI.Let me see,if it's 8 miles up and back to Ol' Barney,that would put you at about Beach Haven? Nice run and yes,thanks,my butt is back to normal. No carding going on here Pammie,all are welcome! Smile Leslie-Great thread and a very sobering story on the last one.Glad that you avoided that tradgedy. Cindy-nice going just getting out the door in that stuff!! Dead We have been lucky around here lately only 30's and 40's. Hope everyone has a Safe and Happy New Year!!! Smile

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE DAY!!!!!! Pammie aka Princess Leatherock - None of us on our 40s in our minds, so everybody's welcome! Cindy - What's a "gif"?? You talkin' about posting pictures? I know how to do it if they're downloaded in photobucket. You want to click the last square icon above and put your link info in between the <sigh> had no warm clothes to run in this, so couldn't go out. Aah, darn! Okay, the only thing I was really lacking were my gloves, but since there was frost and slick roads, hey - I didn't want to get finger frostbite. Roll eyes Roll eyes No big plans for tonight, it would be too hard getting a taxi when I would want to go home. Knowing hub, he'll be asleep by 10:00. Just me and the cats ringing in the new year at midnight. Okay, the cats will be asleep, too, so it'll just be me. Blush Have a great New Year and stay safe!! Cindy Dazzlethighs Yes</sigh>

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Okay, I have no idea what it says <> as opposed to [ ].

Leslie
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

btb1490

Joe, I see you are familiar with LBI! Beach Haven is at the opposite end of the island from Old Barney, so from there it would've been about a 16 mile point to point run. They do have a race there in the fall that goes from one end of the island to the other... 18 miles. I started out in Surf City, which is about 7 miles from the lighthouse and added on a section out near the lighthouse called High Bar to give me the 16 round trip miles. This time of the year, the island is almost deserted, plus the fact that I was on the road before the sun came up, so it was really quiet out and you could hear the ocean waves pounding for most of the run. Glad to hear the butt is doing ok!