My Very Late Report on Bighorn Wild and Scenic Run (Read 604 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

It's long, it's rambling, it's pointless, but it's something I had to get done before I left for Cascade Crest next week... Lynn B http://www.nttr.org/html/bighorn2007_lballard.htm

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Thanks for sharing your Bighorn experience! (I'll have to check it out later for my questions post.) You doing any shorter races this year! Smile First race report I've read with Unsolved Mysteries! (Fan of voice over work of Robert Stack... and also Peter Thomas... maybe you should read your race report next time. Just an idea...)

Vim

btb1490

A lifetime of adventure packed into 32 hours! Just amazing. Great job! They serve shrimp at the aid stations? Thanks for the report, and congrats on your accomplishment!
          Lynn - I especially like, and agree with, your part about the Moutnain Dew and bacon - 2 of my long run favorites, also! Have a good time at Cascade Crest - it looks like a really nice course - I wish they had a 50k with it!
          Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow, shrimp AND bacon?! 2 of my very favorite things (well, before I developed an apparent allergy to shrimp... ). Once again I sit here in awe of your running, Lynn. And the photos of the course are breathtaking. What an amazing event! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

AWESOME race report Lynn!!! Sounds like you have some awesome friends! That is ONE of the great things about Ultra racing (comradeship). Way to finish the race! Good luck this coming weekend at Cascade Crest!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Awesome race report, Lynn! And good luck at Cascade.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Burninated Peasant

Wow, those pictures are incredible! I need to stop reading your reports and looking at the pictures, or I'll end up signing up for one of these things some day.
                  mikeymike

Great read, Lynn. Thanks for sharing. Loved this:
                    I know how to fix that”, he states glibly. “Oh really, how?” I ask. “Finish the damn thing! THAT will fix all of your problems.” I have no response.
                    You almost make we want to try one of those things. Almost.

Runners run

Thanks Lynn, it was great to read that. You are an inspiration! Good luck at Cascade Smile

You'll ruin your knees!

You almost make we want to try one of those things. Almost.
                        Just imagine your Mt Washingon run with no roads! Way fun! Like UltraSteve says, once you get fast out of your system, come join us in the ultra arena...

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)