Key Fobs (Read 350 times)

PDoe

"There's probably a way to disable that."

I've had several GM vehicles that this WAS the case. My son left his 2006 Pontiac at our house last month and we had a snowstorm. I went out, started his car and then got out to start cleaning it off. Naturally, all this 'we'll do it for you crap' is disabled on my cars. After I get out of his car, close the door so as to not knock snow into it, the doors lock-with the engine still running. Had to call AAA to unlock the door.

I told my son this stuff was programmable and dug out the owner's manual to find the usual series of buttons to press to disable the auto-lock. No such option. I called the Chevy/Buick dealer down the road and, sure enough, there is no way for the owner to disable this. If I bring the car in, they can reflash the computer so the doors won't lock for $50. We both though "F- that". Just have to remember not to close the doors and windows with the car running. Boo.

xhristopher

Here's a key fob trick. I've got a car on this list and it doesn't work for my year but if your car is in the list do a little googling and see if you can use this feature.

How to instantly lower your car windows with the key remote

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57502227-285/how-to-instantly-lower-your-car-windows-with-the-key-remote/

The trick works on various models from the following manufacturers:

• Acura (MDX/TL/TSX/ZDX)
      • Alfa Romeo (159)
      • Audi (A1/A3/A4/A6/A7)
      • BMW (3 Series/5 Series/6 Series/7 Series/M5/Z4)
      • Chevrolet (Corvette/Equinox)
      • Chrysler (Sebring/Town & Country)
      • Dodge (Challenger/Charger/Durango/Grand Caravan/Journey/Ram)
      • Fiat (Bravo)
      • Ford (C-Max/F150/Focus/Focus Ghia/Fusion/Galaxy/Mondeo/S-Max/Taurus)
      • Honda (Accord/Accord Crosstour/Odyssey/Pilot/Ridgeline)
      • Infiniti (G25x/G35/G37/I30/I35/M35/QX56)
      • Jeep (Grand Cherokee)
      • Jaguar (S Type/XF/XJ8/XK8)
      • Lexus (ES300/GS350/IS250/RX300/RX350/RX400h)
      • Lincoln (LS/MKX/MKZ/Zephyr)
      • Mazda (6/CX-9/MX-5 Miata)
      • Mercedes-Benz (B180/C240/C300/CLK350/CLS550/E350/E430/E500/GL450/ML550)
      • Mini Cooper (Clubman/S/Mayfair)
      • Nissan (350Z/Altima/Armada/Maxima/Murano/Pathfinder/Titan)
      • Opel
      • Peugot (508)
      • Saab (9-3)
      • SEAT (Leon)
      • Skoda (Fabia/Octavia II)
      • Toyota (Prius)
      • Vauxhall (Insignia/Vectra/Zafira)
      • Volkswagen (Beetle/Golf/Jetta/Passat/Polo/Routan)
      • Volvo (C30/S40/S60/V50)

Here's a key fob trick. I've got a car on this list and it doesn't work for my year but if your car is in the list do a little googling and see if you can use this feature.

How to instantly lower your car windows with the key remote

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57502227-285/how-to-instantly-lower-your-car-windows-with-the-key-remote/

Maybe someday I will be interested in this, but as we currently have a -20F windchill, not really a priority right now.

Dave

xhristopher

Maybe someday I will be interested in this, but as we currently have a -20F windchill, not really a priority right now.

Every time I see your avatar it looks like you are giving me the finger.

Every time I see your avatar it looks like you are giving me the finger.

Oops. Sorry if I accidentally flipped anyone off. I was actually trying to do one of these. But it was mile twenty-something, and my muscle control was pretty shaky.

Dave

PatrickWalker

spammer

Dad on the run.

I just stick my key fob in my pocket and go run.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.