Most disturbing movie of your lifetime? (Read 1052 times)

The Greatest of All Time

Requiem for a Dream...or maybe Trainspotting, yeah Trainspotting. The scene with the dead baby was beyond disturbing.
    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
    Lisa3.1

American History and Silence of the Lambs
        Requiem for a Dream
        Yeah, that ones up there. American History X is another one off the top of my head... specifically the curb stomping scene. Shocked
        Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Elephant man. Saw it against my parents' wishes when I was 8 or so.
          JakeKnight

Spiderman III. I know. It seems a strange choice. But any Sam Raimi fan should be deeply, deeply disturbed once Tobey Maguire starts dancing around in the bar like John Travolta's less masculine cousin.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
            -----------------------------

The Greatest of All Time

Yeah, that ones up there. American History X is another one off the top of my head... specifically the curb stomping scene. Shocked
              Yeah, the curb scene was a bit heavy.
              all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
              obiebyke

Requiem for a Dream, yeah. The only movie I've had to walk out of. I started having a panic attack at the end. And KIDS. That really disturbed me.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

My legs are killing me

Anything with Sean Penn. That dude has some issues!
                    Requiem for a Dream, yeah. The only movie I've had to walk out of. I started having a panic attack at the end. And KIDS. That really disturbed me.
                    Oooh yes. KIDS... another good one.
                    Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Tetsuo was disturbing. Modified to add: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetsuo:_The_Iron_Man

All business

Doom Generation left me feeling pretty gross. As did Clockwork Orange the first time i saw it (when i was a young teenager!) MTA: If you liked KIDS, try watching Gummo, same director (Harmony Korine), but more animal cruelty.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

I don't know if I'd call all of these disturbing, but they each had their moments: Apocalypse Now Full Metal Jacket Fight Club Crash Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas Scarface
                            The Passion of the Christ was pretty freaky.
                              Doom Generation left me feeling pretty gross. As did Clockwork Orange the first time i saw it (when i was a young teenager!) MTA: If you liked KIDS, try watching Gummo, same director (Harmony Korine), but more animal killings.
                              Good call! Gummo is #1 on my disturbing movie list... I couldn't finish it the first time. Followed closely by Requiem for a Dream and KIDS.
                              obiebyke

Oh dude. Palindromes. Wow, that was messed up.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)