Running in Portland, OR (Read 404 times)

Coach

I will be travelling to Portland, Oregon this weekend and I'm trying to plan the perfect run. I'm looking forward to breathing some warm and sea level oxygenated air. Will somebody please tell me if this run is possible? Parking my car near the Main city park in Gresham. Running west on the Springwater Corridor trail for 17.5 miles. Stopping twice to buy water / gatorade at a handy convenience store near the route. Finishing the run at the Convention Center near the Willamette River. Catching the blue line of the max heading east. Getting off at the end of the blue line. Walking the half mile back to my car. Assuming I'm healthy enough to run 17 miles and carry money for drinks and tickets, please let me know if this is possible. Thanks!!
    My Blog: http://jbcoaching.blogspot.com/ Marathons run: S.F., Boston, St. George, M. of Aviation, Salt Lake City Ultra's run: Big Horn, Squaw Peak, Lean Horse,
    easytarget

this sounds more like what you plan to do than a question enjoy the run
      MissWhitney

Good weekend to go to portland. I fly out tomrorrow, i'm going to see if my sister will watch my daughter while i take a run just around her subdivision, or maybe the morning before we head south. Portland is my favorite city ever. i just wish i was going to be there longer then 12 hours so i could go run in a park or something.

A Saucy Wench

I live just outside of portland but I dont know the springwater trail well enough to tell you if your plan works or not. I assume the question is can you buy water/gatorade along the way? I think so, but I think it could be hard to know where to get off the trail to look unless you scout it ahead of time. The trail crosses many roads mid block so it is hard to see if there is a convenience store up the corner or not. Sadly I have run the leg from the main city park to farther down the trail and I still cant tell you...I was in race mode. I assume you checked out the max route online. I am westside so not all that familiar with the blue line.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I'm in Portland right now on business and have run 3 mornings in a row by the river. I did both sides (crossed over one of the bridges). Nice city.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

I've run sections of the Springwater trail close to the river (not the whole stretch you are doing though) and water isn't readily available. You might want to bring some or be prepared to go without. But like I said - I've not done that whole stretch. Have fun - I live in Portland and run along the river and downtown a few times a week. I never tire of it.
              "A man must love a thing very much if he not only practices it without any hope of fame and money, but even practices it without any hope of doing it well." - G. K. Chesterton
              kcam

My sister lives in Portland and I once ran in Forest Park (I think that's the name). Started close to downtown area and ran all the way to the end and back. I think it was about 20 miles or so. Great, great run. No water though, I just stashed a small water bottle for the way back.