Need your help to create a better future! (Read 131 times)

UniversityWest

Hi!

We are a group of six people who is studying a product development course at a university in Sweden. In the course, we and a company have started up a project with the goal to find a solution that can replace the current water station system for running events. We'll give you some background as to why the current system is not working, from a sustainability and user perspective.

Today there is approximately 100 000 000 runners at races every year. This results in approximately 1 billion mugs used an average of 5 seconds and then discarded. One cup needs 1 liter of water in production and emits 0.1 kg CO2 during the process.

These numbers may not tell you much, but to make you understand what this means we’ll give you an example. This year (2014) the biggest running event in Sweden (Göteborgsvarvet) had 83,064 runners who ended up using 600,000 cups. The CO2 emission from these cups can be compared to 31,000 cars driving one lap around Göteborgsvarvet (21 km). From a sustainability perspective, you can quickly see that this does not work, and it really needs to be reviewed.

Other problems identified with the current system includes:

• The system requires a lot of preparation before the race.
    • It is difficult to drink and run at the same time.
    • There will be a lot of waste to clean up after the event.

We now need your help to succeed in this project and therefore ask you to answer a quick survey. The results we get from the survey will be very helpful and we are very grateful for all the answers we can get.

Link: http://goo.gl/forms/Ih3t6zoJJf

Thanks in advance!

joescott

You had me at Göteborgsvarvet.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Good one Joe.

You had me at Göteborgsvarvet.

I was thinking this would be an appropriate response (to the OP):

joescott

Ha!  I like the triple facepalm.  I'm going to have to use that.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

delicate flower

The link has all this talk of kilometers and Celsius and so I got confused.

<3

The link has all this talk of kilometers and Celsius and so I got confused.

Here's your conversion: 1 kilometer = 23 degrees Celsius.

You're welcome.

Dave

noroll

Hell we're still working on frozen dicks and chafed nipples...

Don't bother me, I'm thinking.

Tiefsa

Survey is done.  I did by good deed for the day.

Half Fanatic #846

I took the survey, but I didn't submit.

MTA: Wait, maybe it was the other survey. Nevermind.

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!