Log not saving Workout Type field. What am I doing wrong ? (Read 418 times)

an amazing likeness

What am I doing wrong?  When entering new log entries (imported from GPS), the Workout Type selection I make is not retained on the first save of the edits I make to the entry.

1. Upload from GPS

2. Save All the uploaded events

3. Go to Workout view

4. Click the pencil icon to edit a workout

5. Select the Activity from "Default" to "Run"

6. Select the Workout Type from the list to one of the selections

7. Select the equipment from the list  (oddly the "no equipment" isn't listed on first time saving, only subsequent)

8. Click Save

>> The Workout Type will now be reset to "Default" from the value I picked from the list. 

If I then edit the activity a second time, and change the Workout Type again, it retains the selection on the second save.

mta: Vista, IE 8 and/or FF 3.5 (same behavior, both browsers)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

eric :)

MilkTruck,

I haven't been able to reproduce the problem, despite the clear and instructive directions.  One thing that didn't seem right is that your activities are labeled as "Default".  If these are all run entries, they should be set as runs automatically.  I think you didn't configure your workout type on your Garmin properly.  Try setting Running as the default workout type and see if this fixes the problem.

In the meanwhile, I'll continue to try to reproduce the problem.

eric :-)

an amazing likeness

I do run my Garmin Forerunner so that all non-races are activity = Other on the Garmin.  (reason is that I save the Run settings [screen, auto-lap, etc] optimized for races)

Which is a poorly worded way of saying, all the uploads are coming from the Garmin as type = Other.  They always end up as "Default".  I'll see if I can capture a series of screenshots that clearly show the process.

eric :)

MilkTruck,

I finally reproduced the problem and have fixed it.  The fix will be uploaded to the web server with the next batch of changes.

Forerunner allows you to configure multiple screens.  You can have a screen configured for races and another for non-races.  You can switch between the screens by pressing the up and down buttons.

an amazing likeness

Forerunner allows you to configure multiple screens.  You can have a screen configured for races and another for non-races.  You can switch between the screens by pressing the up and down buttons.

Fix coming = Cool, thanks Eric!

Forerunner multiple display screens for each activity = Yep, I'm all over that.