My Skechers GO run ride Wear Test notes (Read 1421 times)

If anyone is curious about the Skechers GO run rides, I'm wear testing them. 25 members of my running club were asked to wear test them. If you're interested, you can just click on the Skechers on my equipment list in my log and read the notes of the runs. I didn't think I'd like them but a week into it, they're really surprising me. I'm on my 3rd pair of Kinvaras and also run a lot in Adidas. But I find myself wanting to run in the Skechers a lot now. They are soft and squishy but were more responsive when I ran some strides than I thought they'd be. I'm 2 1/2 weeks from Philly and had planned on running in the Kinvara 3s - and I likely still will - but I'm going to give the Skechers a try on this weekend's 17 miler and see how they do. 

I tried on a pair a couple of times and plan to buy them when I need shoes again.    I liked the idea that they are engineered for a mid/fore foot strike.   They felt weird when I was wearing them and walking but when I jogged around in the store, they felt pretty good....and I could see how I would like to run in them...

You aren't the first person I have heard of that was surprisingly positive about the Go RUN............AND after all, if they're good enough for MEB....they are good enough for any of us...

Your comments were interesting.....YES, I think after I wear out a couple pairs of shoes and need new ones, I'll buy a pair of GO RUN...

Champions are made when no one is watching

mikeymike

Once I saw BadDawg sporting a pair I knew they would take off.

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

I would try Sketchers, even if it was only because they were willing to support Meb when all the other shoe companies considered him washed up.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Well, there you go......if BadDawg wears them and Meb wears them, they are definitely something us mortal runners should try..

Champions are made when no one is watching

+ 1 on this even though I didn't see him wearing them, I read about it.  More likely than not they are my next shoe.

Thanks George!

I was checking these out this AM on Amazon and some of them are 40 bucks.

http://www.amazon.com/Skechers-GO-Run-M-Mens-SKECHERS/dp/B005A19AVO

Just to clarify, we're wear testing the GO run Rides, not the GO runs. The GO Run rides are a more cushioned version of the Go runs. But they have made me want to try the GO runs because the Rides are pretty soft. 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Has any one tried the Skechers Go Bionic?

steph  

Has any one tried the Sketchers Go Bionic?

Not me but Runblogger has

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Yes, thanks, George.  I was wondering if any one here felt the same as Runblogger and his friend.  

I did try on the original Skechers Go Run and hated the rocker and bump so got no farther than just trying on.

But after your input and the Runblogger post I will have to try the Ride and Bionic.   

I'm very interested in hearing your thoughts after your long run.

steph  

Half Fanatic #846

Yes, thanks, George.  I was wondering if any one here felt the same as Runblogger and his friend.  

I did try on the original Sketchers Go Run and hated the rocker and bump so got no farther than just trying on.

But after your input and the Runblogger post I will have to try the Ride and Bionic.   

I'm very interested in hearing your thoughts after your long run.

I Recently bought a pair of Skecher's GoBionics based on the Runblogger review - he seems to be "right on" - also, accurate and unbiased. Anyway, I was looking for the most minimal shoe with just a tad of cushioning/protection for my soles.  So far, I've only worn 'em for about 12 miles of short-med. runs plus last Sat. for a half marathon. Actually I pretty much forgot I was wearing them during the HM - that's how I would describe them.

I can only describe the shoe in general terms - I'm no expert. The toe box is very roomy, the shoes are extremely light, and it's too early to tell about wear and quality, but they seem to be well constructed with a good (but not "aggressive") tread design. Most of my runs are barefooted, and I'm really happy with this shoe so far (for running and for casual wear). They look like regular running shoes - not a little weird like some minimalist shoes do - haven't gotten any comments on them yet. But I am beginning to think "please don't change this one"! I like them better than previous minimal shoes I've bought like the Nike Free 3.0, Saucony Hattori and Lemings.

Hope this helps! 

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Thanks Bill.

MTA:  How is the sizing.  Do they run small / large?   I will have to order them on line as It seems

that they haven't arrived here in the hinterlands yet.  And the woman at the Skechers store doesn't

know when they will.

steph  

Half Fanatic #846

The GoBionics run "true to size" for me, unlike some other shoes (like Saucony) that seem to run a size small.  And these shoes come with a removable insert also. I've worn them more loosely than usual with no socks, and didn't get blisters - haven't tried that on my HM or on a long run, though.

My only question about them is how long the shoes will wear because after my orig. post I noticed obvious wear on one shoe sole, but none on the other. I've always had different wear patterns on shoes (my feet are significantly different from each other) - I guess for anyone with more of a normal gait, the wear may not be a problem or as pronounced. I did notice that the sole material is very soft compared to other shoes, but my other shoe shows abslutely no wear at all.

Bill

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Thanks again, Bill.

steph