What do you wear under your shorts? (Read 9326 times)

Menace to Sobriety

Best advice is to experiment a bit with different brands and styles, although this can get pricey. I usually wear the basketball length shorts, and have some with and with out liners. When I go without the liners, I usually wear cotton tighty whities, low rise edition. Yeah, it gets a little swampy down there, but in the SC summers, the wicking stuff does, too.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Scout7

The same thing I wear at any other point in the day: Nothing.

Lazy idiot

I just wear the running shorts with the liner. Nothing additional is needed. MTA: Just saw Page 1. Try some other brands and see if something else works better. Or... what everybody else said.

Tick tock

I just wear the running shorts with the liniing....have never had any problem......on only a few occassions a bit of chaffing but treated with powder or cream.....and that pretty much took care of it.....try some jock itch cream or powder before and after........Might take care of your issue without buying new equipment or clothing....

Champions are made when no one is watching

Wow, alot of information here. I'm going to go look at the Merona brand. A quick look I found a lot of hits and they looked like all winter/wool stuff, but I think I've got a narrowed down, just didn't feel comfortable sitting here at work with the web page of men in underwear on my screen. I've tried compression shorts and although they felt great on the legs, I couldn't stand the sweat which they seemed to make a lot worse. I've tried commando style and that didn't work for me. And Peter/PWL, Running skirts might be becoming popular, but I think I'll pass onthat one. And Karen/Kiki2, My girlfriend also suggested panties to me, telling me that they're much lighter etc, but I think I'll pass on that as well. Jay
              Well there are compression shorts that work and there are those that don't. U A are expensive and I agree overpriced but they do work. I rationalize it this way, If wasn't running I'd be out doing something else. So $40 for a pair of compression shorts that will hopefully last a year is still inexpensive. I know some of you Americans are splitting a gut laughing but stuff just costs more here. You don't want to hear about the $59 compression tops. Thats for the light sleeveless summer ones not the $79 thermal longsleeve winter ones.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

HOSS1961

Yep...commando. Use more Glide Wink
                HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured
                runnerclay

Consistently Slow

http://www.jockey.com/en-US/Catalog/Silhouette.aspx?CategoryName=Men&DepartmentName=ShopbyCollection&SilhouetteName=NextToNothing&List=47hort I run in tights and JOCKEY "NEXT TO NOTNING" THEY ARE BEING DISCONTINUED. THEY HAVE A NEWER STYLE WITH MESH. I WILL TRY THEM WHEN THE PRICE DROPS AT THE OUTLET STORE. MID WAY BRIEF

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Pass and pass, how come? Tight lipped I looked at the Moreno style and most of them weren't much different than the panties I wear, but mine are cheaper. I also noticed, that they all say Cotton which you said you didn't like. Confused http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=merona+briefs&tag=yahhyd-20&index=aps&hvadid=17763463511&ref=pd_sl_6n8dqswgza_b Now the link from Runnerclay is quite interesting. I've never seen a guy in a thong before. Tongue Not that I'm niave, just have never seen one that I can recall and I think I'd remember something like that. Evil grin
                    Wow, alot of information here. I'm going to go look at the Merona brand. A quick look I found a lot of hits and they looked like all winter/wool stuff, but I think I've got a narrowed down, just didn't feel comfortable sitting here at work with the web page of men in underwear on my screen. I've tried compression shorts and although they felt great on the legs, I couldn't stand the sweat which they seemed to make a lot worse. I've tried commando style and that didn't work for me. And Peter/PWL, Running skirts might be becoming popular, but I think I'll pass onthat one. And Karen/Kiki2, My girlfriend also suggested panties to me, telling me that they're much lighter etc, but I think I'll pass on that as well. Jay
                    What a beautiful time of the year in New England
                      I've become a big fan of the target/champion tech brief/underwear. They're only 5 or 6$, too. I recently did my first run in tri shorts, though, and I could see becoming a convert to that.
                        I'll have to check these out at Targets, sounds cheap enough and easy enough to give it a try or at least look at them. Thanks Jay
                        I've become a big fan of the target/champion tech brief/underwear. They're only 5 or 6$, too. I recently did my first run in tri shorts, though, and I could see becoming a convert to that.
                          I'll pass because I'm all man, not some girly boy pretending to be a man.
                          Pass and pass, how come? Tight lipped I looked at the Moreno style and most of them weren't much different than the panties I wear, but mine are cheaper. I also noticed, that they all say Cotton which you said you didn't like. Confused http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=merona+briefs&tag=yahhyd-20&index=aps&hvadid=17763463511&ref=pd_sl_6n8dqswgza_b Now the link from Runnerclay is quite interesting. I've never seen a guy in a thong before. Tongue Not that I'm niave, just have never seen one that I can recall and I think I'd remember something like that. Evil grin

Giant Flaming Dork

Target carries some Champion brand fitted boxers in some sort of tech fabric. They aren't too long, so they might work. I don't run in them, but wear them for other activities. They're <$10. you="" might="" also="" consider="" bike="" shorts.="" i="" run="" in="" them=""></$10.>
                            +1 on the Target C9 compression boxers. They are great on long runs. Although 99% of the time I wear nothing under the shorts.

http://xkcd.com/621/

I've never seen a guy in a thong before. Tongue Not that I'm niave, just have never seen one that I can recall and I think I'd remember something like that. Evil grin
                              Years ago some dude was sporting a thong type thing, or Speedos that morphed into a thong, in the Philadelphia Broad Street 10 miler. I wasn't fast enough to pass him, but I also didn't want to drop my pace to avoid having to see his cheeks. It was like a train wreck ... the eyes were just drawn there. Tongue And yes, you would remember something like that. In fact, it's the kind of image that burns into your minds' eye, whether you want it to or not.
                                "Not some Girly Boy", but all Man! Wow where did that come from? Black eye If a man wears anything that belongs to a woman, then he must be a "girly boy"? Clowning around I guess then all of us women who wear anything that belongs to a man must be "Manly girls" Undecided
                                I'll pass because I'm all man, not some girly boy pretending to be a man.
                                What a beautiful time of the year in New England