Trent... Quadricep Tendinopathy? (Read 633 times)

This nagging PITA thing I feel (after HOURS of looking around online) I think is what I am dealing with.... Typical Symptoms: No Pain while running can definitely feel my quads when doing my long runs and run a hill a few too many times Later in the day after my long run ( such as today) very tight, slightly painfull on full " knee to chest" flex of the knee...over the top portion of my knee, and my quads are generally sore, but not what I would deem OMG sore. Yes? Will this likely go away with slower pace, normal mileage increases, and is it more than likely just a symptom of being the " Older" new athlete and go away as I get stronger? Thanks, Wink

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Possibly. You need to do quad strengthening work and gentle running. Ice after longer runs amy help. Quad stretching after runs may help. Varying your terrain may also help. Good luck!
        Cool, Thanks! I have my mid week runs on a flat terrain, and they do feel much better on those days... I am already running so G-D slow now I can't take it to slow down even more... This evening is quad work in the gym. Smile

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS"