qualifying times for the NYC marathon - half and full times (Read 3188 times)

On performaces in the last year or so I'm 23 mins outside the new marathon time and 4 mins outside the new HM time. On the old times I'd be 1 min inside the HM time and 11 mins outside the marathon time.  So I'd agree that the HM times seem softer.

I agree.  Also, you can make many more qualifying attempts in the half than you will be able to in the marathon.

Thank you for taking the time to read my signature!

The new women's times are insane for the marathon. To qualify as an open woman (18-39) you have to run sub-3:00. To get entry into the sub-elite tent and start at this year marathon you had to run 3:05.

I missed the open men's marathon time by 3:41, and the open men's half time by 4:5x. I move up to the 40-44 group next April, so I only have to run 1:23/2:50. Looking at that I think sub-1:23 is slightly easier than sub-2:50. Hopefully I'll be way under 2:50 in Boston to get my 2013 qual time.

I think the open women got screwed. 3:23 to 3 flat. Really? I like the idea of the NY automatic entry becoming the new BQ. You're pretty hardcore if you can get in on time in NY.

Goals for 2013: sub 18 5K; stay healthy