How to get your kids running (Read 89 times)

KerryA1

Greetings all, this is my daughters second year running track.  She is 9 years old and it has been an amazing journey.  When she was about 5 years old my husband took her to the  track and just started working her out with drills and running a few sprints. We looked for a track club but all seem tooooo expensive at the time.  Ironically one day we were talking with the father of one of her classmates who was running with a team and decided to go out to practice with their team.  Well, after that, the rest is history.  This is her second year running, they practice 3 days a week.  I love it because she stays in shape all year with indoor track that starts around January.  Last year her team won the gold medal at the Junior Olympics in Iowa and she won 4th place in the 200m race.  This year Zariah won 1st place in her district and regional championships and she is headed to Junior Olympics again, this year.  I am so proud of her.  There are many teams all over the country that run in either the USA or AAU track associations.  So to get your kids running I would advise to just get them out and start training it really helps if you have friends along, it makes the time go by faster and makes it fun.  If you would like to support Zariah this year in her Junior Olympic Journey please go to www.gofundme.com/zariah200meters

Thanks for  your support!