Socks for Sasquatch feet (Read 619 times)

So I have size 13 feet, wear a 14 in Asics shoes, no problem. But I have had a problem with socks for more years than I want to mention. If I buy the largest I can normally find which are supposed to be for size 13-15 shoes (Men's size) and I get the heel of the sock in the correct place then the toes are always cramped up. It gets especially bad if I "slide" into a shoe since that makes it even tighter on the toes. It doesn't help that my second toe is longer than the big toe either. (Morton's toe, but that isn't my issue....) Feetures has a 13-16 which I have tried and is as good as any I have found, but think there should be something better out there.... Anyone else have this problem? And have you found running socks and from where?

Hoodoo Guru

Same as you, wear size 14 Asics (and others) and have a big 2nd toe. I just buy the XL (usually 13-15) of whatever socks I can find and don't have big problems. I had good luck with a recent 3 pack of New Balance socks. Hate smaller socks though.

The tangents are moot.

I am 6'5" with size 15's ... feel like I am getting my money's worth. Anyway try Balega socks. They are sold at some running stores and the XL's fit fine. http://www.balegasports.com/product.asp They also have held up well but they are not cheap. Good luck!

2012= under-goaled

I don't have Sasquatch feet, but I can vouch for Balega. I have one pair of those, and they are the best socks that I own by far. I have been meaning to get some more online. MTA: I have the Hidden Comfort ones under the "X-Athlete" section.
            Thanks for the responses which I appreciate. Will give your suggestions a try. While I have visited running shops from one coast to the other (I travel for work quite a bit) have not seen XXXL socks, nor have I on web sites. Thought maybe someone may have a "secret source" for duck feet socks. Run On!

My sweet new crank!

with winter coming wool socks are for me. last year I ordered XL (normal for me size 11) and got a big pair of socks' Company is called Darn Tough and have a lifetime guarantee
              Ryan O'D Gurnee, IL by way of Madison, WI via Wichita, KS via Denver, CO