Slap - slap - what's up with that? (Read 1052 times)

I just got a brand new pair of Saucony's Cool . I have worn the same model for 2 years and had no problems. Today I ran in my shoes for the first time, and I found that my feet were slapping on the ground, almost like the shoes were very stiff. I felt it more in the left side and my shin is sore. Is it the brand new shoes and it will just work out as I break them in, or something I'm doing wrong?

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

I have a pair of progrid 5's and they do that...I think it is in part because of the shape of the heal helps accentuate the sound... but also because they have hard stiff rubber on the bottom... not sure if you are doing something wrong... but my shoes make that clappy sound less often as I have worn them more...

Kings Canyon NP 07'

I bought a pair of brooks glycrine 5's that did the same thing. To make it worse the narrow heal made my orthodics squeak, even if I used a ton of powder. After 50 miles they broke in some, and slapped less, but still squeaked. They became my after work and running errand shoes, and I went back to Asics. It must be something to with heal/mid foot strike? I never could find a good answer.

left-right-left-right-repeat

My Saucony's make this sound too. I had Brooks prior to these & never heard this. I thought it was me & the way I was running. I keep saying I'm going to try Asics the next time but haven't yet. They may be my next pair. I'm glad someone else experienced this. Vicki
            It's amazing how we are all different. I had this problem with Asics 2120 but did not have this problem with Saucony's. Now I'm in the Saucony ProGrid Rides and the sound is almost but gone when I run. It's a very smooth and quite shoe for me.
            Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09
              I wore my progrids yesterday and they were very quite... I think I am getting a smoother stride.... ????
              finney

Resident pinniped

Could be whatever the sole is made out of, or whatever the midsole is made out of, or if there's a little "cup" in the heel. I wear Sauconys (they're the only brand that fit my feet AND my orthotics) and I had a pair of Trigon 3s that did that. My Shadow 8s did it a bit because of the heel, but now I'm in Triumph 5s and run quite as a mouse.
                  I took my Trigons back after one run because of this.... Now running in Puma Complete Prevail IV. Love them like I've never loved a trainer. I mean, I love spikes, and go-fast shoes, but trainers?