Most. Overplayed. Song. Ever (Read 867 times)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I've got it narrowed down to a few: Stairway to Heaven Old Time Rock and Roll Hotel California
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Born to be wild American Pie

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Lazy idiot

American Pie
        IMO, I think this belongs in that other thread, that of worst song ever.

Tick tock

My legs are killing me

Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
            I love the Stones, but "Satisfaction" has been played to death.

RIP, Henry, my soul mate

Free Bird
              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

"Like A Rock" thanks to that 40-year ad campaign by Chevy.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

IMO, I think this belongs in that other thread, that of worst song ever.
                  A long, long time ago In a galaxy far away Naboo was under an attack And I thought me and Qui-Gon Jinn Could talk the federation into Maybe cutting them a little slack But their response, it didn't thrill us They locked the doors and tried to kill us We escaped from that gas Then met Jar Jar and Boss Nass We took a bongo from the scene And we went to Theed to see the Queen We all wound up on Tatooine That's where we found this boy... Oh my my this here Anakin guy May be Vader someday later - now he's just a small fry And he left his home and kissed his mommy goodbye Sayin' "Soon I'm gonna be a Jedi" "Soon I'm gonna be a Jedi" Did you know this junkyard slave Isn't even old enough to shave But he can use the Force, they say Ahh, do you see him hitting on the queen Though he's just nine and she's fourteen Yah, he's probably gonna marry her someday Well, I know he built C-3PO And I've heard how fast his pod can go And we were broke, it's true So we made a wager or two He was a prepubescent flyin' ace And the minute Jabba started off that race Well, I knew who would win first place Oh yes, it was our boy We started singin' ... My my this here Anakin guy May be Vader someday later - now he's just a small fry And he left his home and kissed his mommy goodbye Sayin' "Soon I'm gonna be a Jedi" "Soon I'm gonna be a Jedi" Now we finally got to Coruscant The Jedi Council we knew would want To see how good the boy could be So we took him there and we told the tale How his midi-chlorians were off the scale And he might fulfill that prophecy Oh, the Council was impressed, of course Could he bring balance to the Force? They interview the kid Oh, training they forbid Because Yoda sensed in him much fear And Qui-Gon said "Now listen here" "Just stick it in your pointy ear" "I still will teach this boy" He was singin' ... My my this here Anakin guy May be Vader someday later - now he's just a small fry And he left his home and kissed his mommy goodbye Sayin' "Soon I'm gonna be a Jedi" "Soon I'm gonna be a Jedi" We caught a ride back to Naboo 'Cause Queen Amidala wanted to I frankly would've liked to stay We all fought in that epic war And it wasn't long at all before Little Hotshot flew his plane and saved the day And in the end some Gunguns died Some ships blew up and some pilots fried A lot of folks were croakin' The battle droids were broken And the Jedi I admire most Met up with Darth Maul and now he's toast Well, I'm still here and he's a ghost I guess I'll train this boy And I was singin' ... My my this here Anakin guy May be Vader someday later - now he's just a small fry And he left his home and kissed his mommy goodbye Sayin' "Soon I'm gonna be a Jedi" "Soon I'm gonna be a Jedi" We were singin' ... My my this here Anakin guy May be Vader someday later - now he's just a small fry And he left his home and kissed his mommy goodbye Sayin' "Soon I'm gonna be a Jedi"
                  JakeKnight

Celine Dion. "My Heart Will Go On." In 1997/1998, everyone of you heard it at least 42,000 times. Ditto Whitney Houston's version of "I Will Always Love You" in 1992. And beyond. They don't have the long-term stamina of a "Satisfaction" or "Born to Be Wild" or "Sweet Home Alabama" .... but I suspect that in those years, they were played so frickin' much that if you averaged out plays per year, they'd be easy winners. Also, they suck. Which "Free Bird" categorically does not.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                    -----------------------------

But in the case of "Satisfaction" and "Sweet Home Alabama," the groups had so many more great songs - many better than their 'signature songs' - to choose from.

Gotta TRI

Ok, I think I see a pattern forming here. It would seem to me that most of the songs we're saying are played to death all come from either.... The "oldies" stations or the " Classic rock" stations. Most of these songs are getting pretty old ( chronologically) and therefore would seem to be overplayed as we've listened to them for 20 some odd years. MHO.
                        2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon

Life is Good

well here is one from recent radio: Picture by Kid Rock/Cheryl Crow..great song just played way too much. for the old stuff I'd have to agree with Old Time rock and roll, and we've got tonight Bob Segar rocks but some of his most played songs have redundant lyrics... Big grin

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between

I can feel it in the Air tonight by Genesis/Phil Collins...ruined many a prom' s in my opinion Embarrassed
                            Ga. Shooter

Imminent Catastrophe

I can feel it in the Air tonight by Genesis/Phil Collins...ruined many a prom' s in my opinion Embarrassed
                              In my era it was "Feelings" by Morris Albert. Always the last slow number. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned in the "worst ever" thread.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Okay guys, beat this: Achey Breaky Heart - Billy Ray Cyrus
                                Do bears bear? Do bees be?