Darn foot (Read 516 times)

So I don't know exactly how I did it but I injured my food when going down the stairs. It hurts deep inside when I walk so yesterday I decided to skip a run (1st time in over a month!). Today I woke up and there is still some pain, no swelling though. I am hoping it will go away soon. By now I am addicted to my daily runs, I need them, I crave them, I can't live without them. Oh, yes, I already mentioned I was addicted. Ewa Sad
    I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill

Princess Cancer Pants

Oh, no! I hope it is just a mild strain. Sad k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown

Well, so I decided to follow the advice in the NYT article some time ago about cautious exercise through the injury. It is funny, while I am still limping when I walk, I can run without much pain. I picked soft trails and took it easy and my heel felt actually good. As soon as I slowed down to a walk I begun to feel it again. I guess I will have to run instead of walking. Wink Glad it's not the other way around. Ewa
        I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill

Dog-Love

You be careful with that foot! Ice it after those runs. I don't know what you did but hope it gets back to normal. Doesn't sound like its stopping you much.
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
            You be careful with that foot! Ice it after those runs. I don't know what you did but hope it gets back to normal. Doesn't sound like its stopping you much.
            I will ice, I promise. Smile I ran very close to home so I would not have to walk far in case it started hurting during the run. I was ready to stop at the sign of the slightest pain. We'll see how it feels tomorrow. Ewa

Princess Cancer Pants

I've had weird pains like that from time to time. Some will even hurt a little when I first start running, but then disappear after a mile or so. I think those must be muscular. k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown