New Year's Day races? (Read 983 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Anyone else doing one? I'm planning to run a 6 miler (not a 10k, interestingly enough) at 11am. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

5k Resolution Run, 10am.
        I doubt it but if I do it'll probably be one of the following... Fort Worth (10am) The Blackeye Pea 5k Dallas (10am) New Years 5 Mile Run

Vim

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Run Your Hangover Off 5 Miler, high noon.
            Run Your Hangover Off 5 Miler, high noon.
            Hey Eric, I just priinted out the application, looks like I'll see you at the 6th Annual Run Your Hangover Off! Thanks Zoomie. Smile

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

First annual Revolution Run Maine Running Company and the Great Lost Bear are hosting the first annual Resolution Run at 11:30 a.m. on New Year's Day. There will be two distances to choose from -- 3 miles and 6 miles -- starting at Maine Running Company and ending at the Great Lost Bear. There is no fee, and t-shirts will be available for the first 20 participants. Donations will be accepted, and there will be a raffle and auction inside the Great Lost Bear, with all proceeds going to the Long Creek Youth Development Center. "Revolution" or "Resolution," lol? Whatever, I'm planning on running the shorter race this year. Hopefully, in 2009 the longer one will be a piece of cake!
              Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Hey Eric, I just priinted out the application, looks like I'll see you at the 6th Annual Run Your Hangover Off! Thanks Zoomie. Smile
                Looking forward to meeting you Ed! It's a great little race with a nice shirt.

All business

New Years Day 5k Run Chicago. Starts at 11, i should be up by then. Entry fee includes a free beer at the after party.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks Zoomie. Smile
                    Don't mention it--I hope you have a great time and aren't too worse for wear that morning. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Burninated Peasant

I plan to be running to the ski lift. Or whatever passes for running while wearing ski boots.

Dog-Love

Well I'll be racing to San Antonio on New Years Day so if anyone knows of a race that weekend...let me know. I will check their running club site
                        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                          There is a 5K in SA www.saroadrunners.com Austin Area 5K http://www.resolutionrun2008.com/

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I plan to be running to the ski lift. Or whatever passes for running while wearing ski boots.
                            I'd rather be skiing. I'm a much better skier than I am runner. Cry

~ Sarah Kay

Go Pre!

Anyone else doing one? I'm planning to run a 6 miler (not a 10k, interestingly enough) at 11am. Smile k
                              An odd distance for me as well. 9K 'Hair of the Dog' - ends with a Polar dip in Lake Ontario!
                                I'm planning on doing a 5 miler at the Campbell County YMCA in Northern, Ky. My usual NYD race is the Hangover Classic 10 miler in Louisville but I opted for a change of pace this year.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.