I just ran two days in a row! (Read 1047 times)

I know running two days in a row isn't saying much, but you have to celebrate the small victories too.

My knees aren't the best and I am trying to prevent tendonitis and or runner's knee.  It struck last fall and I am determined to get my miles up without knee problems.  I started at 6 miles a week and I am due for 16 this week.  Each week I have gone up by one mile.  Also, I started taking MSM with Gluclosamine. 

I want to make it to 25 miles a week before the middle of August because I just got the head CC coaching job at the school I teach at.  It would be nice to be able to run with the varsity pain free.  You gotta walk the walk if your gonna talk the talk I guess. 

JimR

Hey, progress is progress.

Just out of curiousity, is there a reason for running everything at a sub-8 minute pace?

I may be wrong, but I think you re erring on the side of ______? (somebody help me).

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Well - Since I'm not running quantity, I figure it should at least be quality. 

I used to be a decent D3 collegiate runner and in my mind I am still hanging onto those days. 

JimR

I used to be a decent D3 collegiate runner and in my mind I am still hanging onto those days. 

hah, the legs still remember what to do even if the knees aren't as forgiving Big grin

Last week I had little time to run, so when I did I was picking up the pace every time.  By the weekend my legs were begging me to stop.

s. 

Quality? Are you sure? Do you risk re-injury in doing so? Prolly.

Me, I'd go easy for 4-6 weeks, gradially rebuilding mileage totals from your past year(s).  Then...

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Imminent Catastrophe

I may be wrong, but I think you re erring on the side of ______? (somebody help me).

hurt.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Tahoe Rim Trail 100M 20/21 July 2013

Boston Marathon 21 April 2014

Tahoe Rim Trail 100M 19/20 July 2014

This is off topic, but how do you take someone elses quote and get that fancy box around it?

Oh - And I'm afraid to go after my past mileage totals because back then I was single.  Now I have a wife and three children under the age of four.

This is off topic, but how do you take someone elses quote and get that fancy box around it?

Oh - And I'm afraid to go after my past mileage totals because back then I was single.  Now I have a wife and three children under the age of four.

Hit the "quote" button on the upper right of every post.

Big grin

Sounds like the perfect time to invest in a jogging stroller... 

Roads were made for journeys...

Hit the "quote" button on the upper right of every post.

Big grin

Hey look - I did it!

Sounds like the perfect time to invest in a jogging stroller... 

Hehe ... he'd probably need one of these monsters: