Coach's access (Read 2156 times)

HermosaBoy

Maybe having notification to the coach when one of their trainees enters something into their log?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

HermosaBoy

Checking in again...

Rob

JML

Eric -

Is this still a planned feature?  I would love to have access to this functionality for some runners that I am coaching in support of a charity team to keep track of their progress.  I would be happy to help develop requirements / functional specs if that would help.

Thanks

Rebuilding my aerobic base....racing next year.....nothing to see here....move along now.

eric :)

I haven't worked on it yet but it is still in the plan.  I'm working on something very similar and so the coaching console can be integrated into it.  If you can draw up the requirements, it would help a great deal.  Perhaps we can do it via Google docs.

JML

Deal.

I will start working on a spec over the next week.  If there is anyone else that wants to be included in developing the document, please PM me and we can collaborate via google docs.

Thanks

Rebuilding my aerobic base....racing next year.....nothing to see here....move along now.

runjoelrun

I'm interested and will PM you if you still need help with it.

meka

Honestly, I prefer having access to my runner's logs in full.  It is simple. I load training plans weekly and send them via the email feature. I can access all the data that I need to see when writing plans. I like to sort data so I can see paces over time for weeks or months, etc.  I can get in and out change things easily when my runners email me with a conflict.  I ask my runners to keep their log updated weekly, but I have my runners email after every run so I know if I need to get in and make adjustment.  Those new to RA have had no problem setting up an account and giving me full access.  For those who have been using RA already, I ask them to give me full access or to start a new account that I can fully access for our time together.  All have just given me full access. It works b/c then I can use their log like I would use my own.  If there was a coaches option, if i could not see what I needed I would likely still ask for full access.

Shannon

HermosaBoy

Honestly, I prefer having access to my runner's logs in full.  It is simple. I load training plans weekly and send them via the email feature. I can access all the data that I need to see when writing plans. I like to sort data so I can see paces over time for weeks or months, etc.  I can get in and out change things easily when my runners email me with a conflict.  I ask my runners to keep their log updated weekly, but I have my runners email after every run so I know if I need to get in and make adjustment.  Those new to RA have had no problem setting up an account and giving me full access.  For those who have been using RA already, I ask them to give me full access or to start a new account that I can fully access for our time together.  All have just given me full access. It works b/c then I can use their log like I would use my own.  If there was a coaches option, if i could not see what I needed I would likely still ask for full access.

Shannon

How are you defining full access?  Are they giving you their password so you can actually go into their log and make changes?

Rob

HermosaBoy

Bump

Rob

HermosaBoy

Any updates?

Rob

Jimmy-RxP

Eric, if we have ideas regarding conceptual design, then do you prefer we list them here or elsewhere?

runjoelrun

Hi Eric,

Here are four specific items that I would find helpful as a coach. Hope you find it helpful.  I'm available to chat about it more if you like.

Thanks again,

Joel

Coaching Module.

A: Training Plan Sharing

The existing ability to share training plans is great, but if I want to create a specific plan, as a coach, for another user, I don’t want that plan to show up on my calendar.

Also, if a training plan needs an update after it is shared, it is too late because a copy has been made to the user’s account.

And if multiple users are following the same calendar, multiple copies would be made and updates would have to be done individually instead of globally.

Current Solution

I can ask for the user’s password and gain complete access to their account in order to create and edit the training calendar. Everything is done manually and individually.

Possible Solution Idea

If the training calendars had an active/inactive flag or hide from calendar option, that would be at least a partial solution. For global calendar use, I imagine utilizing the community user group feature with the ability to create and load global training plans there. I'm sure it's easier said than done.

B: Coach/Group Reports

The reports feature is great. I love how dynamic and flexible it is. If administrators in the Community User Groups could have this feature to run reports on all the group members, this would be great. It would allow coaches to build dash boards to view all group members at the same time.

Current Solution

We can do individual reports by clicking into user’s accounts. But there is no group solution other than exporting the data and creating something in excel.

Possible Solution Idea

I don’t know what is technically possible, but if adding the reports feature to the community user group module can’t happen, I could just outline a handful of useful reports that could be built as a default.

C: Communication

The ability to message all users or a select group of users from the user group module would be helpful. The send message to icon found on a user's avatar area on the forum could be used in the member list in the group module as well.  If fact, adding the avatar there would be neat.

Current/Possible Solution Idea

Messages can be sent to all by adding names individually, which isn't such a big deal so this isn't a top priority. For sharing workouts and group messages/posts, I can create a group forum topic, block users from posting to it, and tell everyone to subscribe to it.  I think this will work ok. But as a coach, it would be helpful to default the subscription to Yes and have users opt out.

D: Coach Notifications

Getting notifications of new posted workouts would be useful.

Possible Solution Idea

I imagine this being similar to forum notifications, where a user is notified if there are new messages on a thread they are subscribed to (in this case it would be workouts in a user's log). and when logging into the group, member icons are highlighted if there is new activity (like unread threads).

HermosaBoy

Bump

Rob

eric :)

I have to keep delaying this project because of other more pressing issues.  As I mentioned in another thread, the latest the Weather Bug discontinuing their free service in a few days and moving to a subscription based service with a new API.  I've been researching alternatives and working on the switch.  It's not that I don't want to create the coaching console, it's just that these sort of things are keeping me from working on it.

eric Smile

HermosaBoy

It's not that I don't want to create the coaching console, it's just that these sort of things are keeping me from working on it.

eric Smile

Understood -- Just trying to stay in the loop.

Rob