headphones (Read 167 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Inviting both joggers and runners to vote...

MTA: And plodders and shufflers, and gallowalkers, and even ultrarunwalkers.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Joann Y

yes

xhristopher

Good poll topic!

What about plodders and shufflers? Can we vote?

Anyway I would choose option 4, "Only sometimes on the treadmill".

Dave

Fanilow

Only for 5ks. Fast tempo music keeps my feet moving when I just want to quit. Music on longer races annoys the crap out of me.

2014 goals

Well, there's always next year.

Feeling the growl again

Anyway I would choose option 4, "Only sometimes on the treadmill".

This. Poll fail.  Always use bluetooth sets on the treadmill but never anywhere else.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

delicate flower

Before my last HM, I was wearing my big ass pair of Sol Republic headphones while doing my warm up and while standing in the pee line.  People were probably wondering "WTF is up with this guy and the headphones?"  But then I put my headphones back in the car before the race and people were probably all like "Oh."  #coolstorybro

option 4

<3

bap

It's my goal in every race to beat the slowest headphone wearer. I credit that for a 90s 5K PR last April..

Certified Running Coach
                  Crocked since 2013

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Before my last HM, I was wearing my big ass pair of Sol Republic headphones while doing my warm up and while standing in the pee line.  People were probably wondering "WTF is up with this guy and the headphones?"  But then I put my headphones back in the car before the race and people were probably all like "Oh."  #coolstorybro

option 4

Oh, I've seen people wearing those in races.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

JimR

I carry a boom box

I wear ear buds for some long and easy runs, but I listen to an audiobook, not music.  Keeps me at a nice easy pace.

Never. It feels too dangerous anywhere other than a treadmill, and I can never stop from running too fast

BeeRunB

I'm a musician. I can hear the music in my head without an external device.

Sometimes, it's maddening. I've been hearing Peter Frampton's

talk box performance in "Do Your Feel Like I Do" all week.

Sometimes I sing while I run, like the soldiers do.

If you can sing and run at the same time, you're aerobic.

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

Hey, whatever works for you to get your ass off the couch and get the legs moving.  I use headphones about half the time when I train, mostly because I prefer to be able to hear well when I run with my dog in case there is a car coming or people.  I don't wear headphones in a race, at least up to this point.  Not saying I would never do it.

Leah, mother of dogs

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

I'm a musician. I can hear the music in my head without an external device.

Sometimes, it's maddening. I've been hearing Peter Frampton's

talk box performance in "Do Your Feel Like I Do" all week.

Sometimes I sing while I run, like the soldiers do.

If you can sing and run at the same time, you're aerobic.

Awhile back, I downloaded some Marine Corps/military running cadences and listened to them on some easy runs, chanting along (it's on back country roads, no one to hear but the cows).  It was kind of neat; now that I think about it, I should try that again sometime.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people