July "Virtual 5K/5M" invitation to all RunningAHEAD members (Read 1120 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha, by default! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

That counts too! Kind of like the Olympic skating events where the leader is forced to sit in this tiny box and wait for the next couple's scores... and the next... and so on. Wouldn't want to be in THEIR skates!

Roads were made for journeys...

Wingz

Professional Noob

BTW--I think, as course record holder, that the entry fee should be waived. Cool
        How about I give you a 50% discount and let you pick up some extra "post-race refreshments?" Wink

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I just put my 5k time in. I was pacing somebody so I did not run all out. That and I have a marathon in 4 days. Hppy 4th everybody.
            I wasn't signed up, but I just put my time in (maybe twice on accident!!!) Blush
            "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways.... totally worn out ....shouting...."Holy S**t....What a ride!"
            Wingz

Professional Noob

Rob - I gotcha twice, but no biggie. I just added the times together so it'd be closer to mine... Tongue Wink ttmalek - I only got a 5 mile time from you. Did you mean to put in a 5K as well?

i ran a 5 mile today, can i still get entered or is it too late.. thanks edit: I'll fill out an entry, disregard if you feel it wasnt a "legal" entry
                Wingz

Professional Noob

latecomers are always welcome! Smile

Too much math to figure what I ran the first 3.1 miles in. Cool I'll stick with the 5 mi.
                    "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways.... totally worn out ....shouting...."Holy S**t....What a ride!"
                    Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Maybe my post should be in the excuses thread... I was sick this weekend and couldn't race. That sucked.
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, that sucks...nothing worse than being sick on a long holiday weekend. Hope you're feeling better by now. k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Get your times in tonight if you haven't already! I've only got times for: Trent aswindon zoom-zoom nordic runner ttmalek St Joe Rob We've got some great results already, and a new course record! More later...

Wingz

Professional Noob

Results! Great job, everyone! Four PR's, and a new 5 mile course record! I would put the results here but I'm so proud of my new web page that I want everyone to come and see it!!! Follow the link below for the race results. Click on your name to "pick up" your prize! http://www.geocities.com/yanelh/results_page.html Anyone got any ideas of where to meet for the after-race party? Smile ***Next month's race: first weekend in August - 5th and 6th! Stay tuned for details!***

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Results! Great job, everyone! Four PR's, and a new 5 mile course record! I would put the results here but I'm so proud of my new web page that I want everyone to come and see it!!! Follow the link below for the race results. Click on your name to "pick up" your prize! http://www.geocities.com/yanelh/results_page.html Anyone got any ideas of where to meet for the after-race party? Smile ***Next month's race: first weekend in August - 5th and 6th! Stay tuned for details!***
                              Janell, that page is AWESOME!!! Darn, I'm not going to be able to do the next race--I'll be in LA and any running I do will just be for fun. Think I could take the 5 mile split from the 10k I'm doing the previous weekend...? Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Smile Thanks. I used PageBuilder on Geocities. Easy to use! Don't have to know any HTML though you can insert some if you want. There are a few things I wanted to do that I've not been able to figure out how to, but it may be a case of "you can't get there from here." As for running the previous week, I'd rather you not - it kinda spoils the whole doing-things-together-at-the-same-time effect. But if you give me a race distance and a time I'll put it in no matter when you ran it - this whole thing's on the honor system, don'cha know... ( I WILL be suspicious if your new 5K "PR" is 16:20, though... Wink ) Anyway, don't worry - you can catch the next race the first weekend in September!